From The Archives

    Message 1 of 87 , Mar 24, 2009
      My kids said, "Dad are you going to have a fire tonight? It is spring! Yes but it will be cold tonight" I replied.

      And with that, while rummaging around the archives, I found a copy of PC RAILROADER July-August 1975. On page 4 there is a photo of FJG 153998 with the following caption, "The Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville located off the Mohawk Division in Amsterdam, New York acquired 100 40' and 138 50' box cars from Penn Central. photo by the editor - Joe Klapkowski

      I know the caption is inaccurate. I did not write it.  This was way before the days of the internet and common information. To have a by- line back then at the ripe old age of 15 was, well, pretty cool.

      Internet Explorer 8 – Now Available. Faster, safer, easier. Download FREE now!