11/27/84

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2009
      The photos on my last run page are all from November 27th, 1984.  Eber Davis, the photographer
      told me it was foggy, cold and miserable in the morning and the sky opened up by the time the
      crew left Gloversville Yard.

      According to Mark Wilber, he was sent to the FJ&G by Walter Rich to help Mike Yerina make a
      move.  Mark had been working the CNYK and CACV and hadn't been to the FJ&G in a year.

      The run was to haul the Omnicology Lab's cars to Fonda.  Since the 103 was at COLECO, Walter
      Rich told Mark and Mike to bring as many cars as possible to Gloversville while they were up
      there.  Walter wanted as many cars as possible located at Gloversville for when it was time to
      clean the line.

      After pulling hoppers to Fonda, Mark and Mike called a taxi to bring them back to their cars
      at Broadalbin Junction.  I think the plan was to return to Gloversville eventually to grab more
      cars before the snow, but that never happened.  Mark told me the 103 went to Utica where
      it was needed for switching.

      Mark never got a call to work the FJ&G again.

      In the Summer of 1985, I was walking the FJ&G to work when a DO Hi-Rail was coming up
      the line with a guy sticking his head out the window and looking at the track.  I asked him
      what he was doing and if trains were going to run again.  He told me that he was checking
      the track right now for that reason.

      When I worked at the Supermarket, Jeff Carentz, a conductor who worked with Mike Yerina
      used to keep me up to date with the FJ&G.  He told me that Omnicology was looking for
      options to have rail service resume.  At one point he told me that he was looking into
      getting something going with another person to switch them himself.  Of course that
      was a delusion of grandeur...