Re: [FJGRailroad] Mayfield

  • Malcolm Horton
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20 10:10 AM
      More likely Mayfield Lake was built to eliminate a mud flat especially when the main lake level was drawn down. Northville has similar lake for the same reason.

      Mal Horton
      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
      Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 23:37:14 -0500

      Right, there are two photos.  Someone else must have taken photos then.  Back in 85 when
      the Sacandaga was real low, I went to Mayfield Lake hoping to see the bottom of that, but
      her level was normal.  I was disappointed to say the least.  It's funny, there was no water
      on the Sacandaga side of the spillway and her was Mayfield Lake all full!

      Gino

      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
      Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:52:44 -0500

      That's where the photo is I'm talking about Paul.  It was 1974.  You can see the ROW clearly defined
      heading towards Anthony's, right?

      Gino

      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:23:08 -0700

      Guess we'll never know for sure if it collapsed and was never removed, or if it was removed.  Seems like a lot of urban (rural?) myths surround the reservoir.

      Gino, here's your excuse to scuba dive.

      -Aaron

      Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet. Check it out.

      Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.

      Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.