RE: [FJGRailroad] More memories

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2009
      It is approximately the correct distance from the bridge, ca 4600 feet.  If you go a bit further to the fork in the road before the big home there is a quarry at that location too protected by the rail fence.  it is a bit further however than the val map allows.  Over the years they may have used both.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: akeller_1979@...
      Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:54:27 -0700
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] More memories

      A few other memories that I forgot to add:

      When the trackmobile was in town, there was a pile of FJ&G railroad locks laying on the floor of the cab.  I'm assuming they were the ones marked D O S (Delaware Otsego System).  Like a fool I didn't ask at have one.

      Some of the ties on the FJ&G were salvaged and saved.  A couple people in a DO System hi-rail truck went around with a square can of orange paint and a sponge or rag on the end of a big stick.  They dipped the stick in the paint and marked the ties that were to be saved.  The two guys sat on the front of the truck as it slowly drove up the tracks.  I recall them doing the entire line; this must have been in the fall of 1989 or the spring of 1990.

      Also, is this the Mayfield quarry?
      http://maps. live.com/ default.aspx? v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=r5hrk48tcy04&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=18154890&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

      -Aaron

      Windows Liveā„¢ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.