Memorabilia Meeting

  • johnnychristman
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2009
      Joe had mentioned that perhaps we could get together and have a
      Memorabilia Meeting in the summer. Would anyone else be interested in
      expanding this idea? I thought perhaps we could have an FJ&G
      Memorabilia Show, where all of us could bring our things and I think
      this would give Gino and Paul and even Randy Decker a great chance to
      get their books out there into the Fulton/Montgomery public. Depending
      on how many people want to do it, we could have it in various
      places... thoughts?!

      - John
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 20, 2009
        We have had get together for a number of years but not last year.

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: johnnychristman@...
        Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:17:52 +0000
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Memorabilia Meeting

        Joe had mentioned that perhaps we could get together and have a
        Memorabilia Meeting in the summer. Would anyone else be interested in
        expanding this idea? I thought perhaps we could have an FJ&G
        Memorabilia Show, where all of us could bring our things and I think
        this would give Gino and Paul and even Randy Decker a great chance to
        get their books out there into the Fulton/Montgomery public. Depending
        on how many people want to do it, we could have it in various
        places... thoughts?!

        - John

        Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. See how it works.
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 20, 2009
          A summer get together will work real well coordinated with rail fest.  Joan Loveday at the FCHS museum, I am confident, will receive uswith open arms as a public venue.  In other years, the library was used as a private venue.  We enjoyed a good relationship with the library people who gave us the key for our Wednesday night meetings and our Summer event - times when the building was normally closed.  Occasionally someone, who turned up late was locked out.  Those times were solved with shouting, horn blowing or pebbles.

          I miss the city walks during the summer months, always starting with a walk for ice cream, then ending back at the library sometimes after dark.

          PKL

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 21, 2009
            Here's what we should do!

            Meet in the morning at the Fulton County
            Museum.  They are very accomodating!
            Set up a table at the Rail Fest for the
            Afternoon.  Sell mine and Paul's book!
            After a few hours, coordinate a tour of local
            FJ&G locations.

            Wrap it up

            Sent from my iPhone

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 21, 2009
              Ok, my daughter hit send.

              I wanted to say wrap it up with dinner!

              Just an idea, we of course can tweak it!
              I think doing this the same time as the Rail
              Fair is beneficial to all!

              Maybe someone will remember.  A while
              Back we all met in the rail park, and Andy
              Brought his O-scale fj&g trains.  That was
              Great.  People stopped to ask what was
              Going on and had questions about the
              Railroads!

              Gino

              Sent from my iPhone

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 21, 2009
                Who do I contact to get a booth at the fair?

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                From: johnnychristman@ yahoo.com
                Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:17:52 +0000

                Joe had mentioned that perhaps we could get together and have a
                Memorabilia Meeting in the summer. Would anyone else be interested in
                expanding this idea? I thought perhaps we could have an FJ&G
                Memorabilia Show, where all of us could bring our things and I think
                this would give Gino and Paul and even Randy Decker a great chance to
                get their books out there into the Fulton/Montgomery public. Depending
                on how many people want to do it, we could have it in various
                places... thoughts?!

                - John

                Windows Live™: Discover 10 secrets about the new Windows Live. View post.
              • slamora1@nycap.rr.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 21, 2009

                  Thats sounds good I misssed two years ago. But would love to do something again I can bring ny models wonder if I could fit the High bridge scene in my truck and set that up with 21 and my eqipment.

                  Steve Lamora

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 21, 2009
                    Joe, Contact the city clerk and she will refer you to the person coordinating the RailFest.  I don't see it in my eMail files so I must have done my communication with him on the phone.

                    PKL

                    To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
                    From: riverlinejoe@...
                    Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:52:40 +0000

                    Who do I contact to get a booth at the fair?

                    To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com