Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Brill Bullet in Racepace

  • slamora1@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 2, 2009
      Thanks Andy

      ---- "A. Fusco" <fusco@...> wrote:
      > Dear Steve:
      >
      > I don't know if you've checked out
      >
      > www.eastpenn.org/manuf.html
      >
      > or not, but when I went there I was
      > pretty impressed by just how much
      > eastern traction stuff they had
      > listed in HO. ---Andy Fusco

      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 23, 2009
        Here's a topic-change.  I've been trying to contact the photographer who took this photo.  I want
        to know what's up with the Bullet on the move.  Perhaps she's going to a place that will paint
        her up for the FJ&G.

        One thing I did clear up, the 126 is the restaurant in Utah, so this makes it Bullet 128 on the flat-bed.
        For note, Bullets 125 and 129 were stripped of parts for the 127 in California.

        Gino

        #126. Now I've got the itch to model
        it. Imperial Hobbies in Pennsylvania
        has come out with a Brill Bullet body in O
        scale resin that I should be able to cut
        to my needs. ---Andy

        --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@ ...> wrote:

        Andy,

        > It's probably the 126. As of recent, a private owner was
        storing her at a
        > museum in Utah.
        > The 128 is also in Utah, but it
        is a restaurant. Of course, the 127 is
        > preserved at the
        > Orange
        Empire Museum in Perris, California.. ..

        > I wonder what's up
        with her and why Railpage has a West Coast story!

        > Gino
        >
        > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:57 AM, andrewsfusco <fusco@...>
        wrote:

        > > Dear Fellow FJ&Gers:

        Yesterday's mail brought a
        > > pleasant surprise. On page 44
        > > of the new (January 2009) issue
        > > of Railpace magazine is a
        photo
        > > of one of the former FJ&G Brill
        > > Bullets. It
        was shot October 7, 2008
        > > in Ogden, Utah. The caption does
        > > not say which number it was, nor
        > > could I tell from the
        picture

        > > The photo shows it roofless,

        windowless, and truckless sitting
        > > on a flatcar. ----Andy
        Fusco

        --

        href="http://ginosrailpage.com">http://ginosrailpag e.com

        href="http://fjgrr.org">http://fjgrr. org

        href="http://ginosmusicservice.com">http://ginosmusicse rvice.com

        Coming soon: ginostrolleypage. com

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 23, 2009
          Are these the cars?

          No. 128:
          http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29

          No. 126:
          http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm
          Art City Trolley Restaurant
          256 N. Main St.
          Springville, Utah

          No. 127:
          http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 23, 2009
            Aaron,

            Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car.  According to John Smatlek of the OEM, it's
            126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.

            Gino

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@...> wrote:

              > Are these the cars?
              >
              > No. 128:
              > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29
              >
              > No. 126:
              > http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm
              > Art City Trolley Restaurant
              > 256 N. Main St.
              > Springville, Utah
              >
              > No. 127:
              > http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html
              >
              > -Aaron

              Those are some great pictures, especially on the Orange Empire web site.

              BTW, if you haven't checked out the Brill Bullet section of Gino's FJ&G site in a while, be sure to do so. He's got some new pictures I had not seen before.

              Glenn
              Penacook, NH
            • Fjgrailroad
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                As a matter of fact Glenn, there is more to come!

                Gino

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Mar 24, 2009, at 10:48 AM, "Glenn J. Williams" <gjwilliams@...> wrote:

                --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@ ...> wrote:

                > Are these the cars?
                >
                > No. 128:
                > http://www.railpict ures.net/ viewphoto. php?id=218621& nseq=29
                >
                > No. 126:
                > http://www.dhke. com/railroad/ utah/art. htm
                > Art City Trolley Restaurant
                > 256 N. Main St.
                > Springville, Utah
                >
                > No. 127:
                > http://www.oerm. org/pages/ brr127.html
                >
                > -Aaron

                Those are some great pictures, especially on the Orange Empire web site.

                BTW, if you haven't checked out the Brill Bullet section of Gino's FJ&G site in a while, be sure to do so. He's got some new pictures I had not seen before.

                Glenn
                Penacook, NH

              • andrewsfusco
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                  Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                  this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                  what happened to 129. ---Andy

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                    This is from the Orange Empire People...

                    Bullet's 125, 127 and 129 were offered to the Orange Empire Museum. The 127 was in the
                    best shape out of all of them.  The museum decided to keep the 127 and scrap the 125 and 129
                    to salvage parts for the restoration of the 127.  The cars were being used as bunk houses for
                    migrant workers at a Pickle Factory in Utah.

                    The 128 was purchased by an individual to create the Diner outside of Salt Lake City.

                    The 126 was purchased by an individual with the intention of restoring her, but she was pretty
                    much sitting around for the last 40 years in storage.  A rail museum in Utah has acquired her
                    for restoration at their museum.

                    It will be nice to have two Baby Bullets on display somewhere in the world.  It would be nice
                    to have one painted for the FJ&G, but the 127 is going to sport Bamberger paint and car 126
                    is going to a museum not far from where she worked at the end of her career...

                    Gino

                    Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                    this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                    what happened to 129. ---Andy

                    --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                    Aaron,

                    > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car.
                    According to John
                    > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                    > 126 on the flat car
                    and the 128 is the Diner.

                    ____________ _________ _________ __

                    href="mailto:FJGRailroad%40yahoogroups.com">FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com]

                    To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                    href="http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29">http://www.railpict ures.net/ viewphoto. php?id=218621& nseq=29

                    href="http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm">http://www.dhke. com/railroad/ utah/art. htm

                    Art City Trolley Restaurant
                    > 256 N. Main St.
                    > Springville,
                    Utah

                    href="http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html">http://www.oerm. org/pages/ brr127.html

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                      Pardon my bad math, but there are four cars being discussed here? Is there one car that is to be scrapped? Is there actually an opportunity to get the shell of a car back into Johnstown? If the answer is Yes. I might just pledge some funds to get it back to New York.

                      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                      Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                      this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                      what happened to 129. ---Andy

                      --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                      > Aaron,
                      >
                      > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car. According to John
                      > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                      > 126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.
                      >
                      > Gino
                      >
                      > ____________ _________ _________ __

                      HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.
                    • Richard Finn
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 25, 2009
                        Just about a year ago we were visiting friends in Banning, CA about 30 miles north of Perris on "Da 10".  As I had expressed interest to go to the OEM, friend Hal took me there on a Thursday.  Unfortunately the Museum was closed but the office was open.  The young lady there found one of the volunteers, and after several minutes of persuasion by Hal and me, he opened the barn where 127 was stored.  It was the last object on the track next to the back wall, but I spotted it right away.

                        Cosmetically it looked very well on it's port side.  I was unable to see the starboard side because it was inaccessible.  That is the good news.

                        The bad news is that it has not been moved since another friend of mine from G'ville saw it 6 years ago.  He got to meet John Smatlek who gave him a fine tour.  (I don't think the guy I met was John).  The Museum is a huge facility of mostly Western railroading and traction looks very run down, and needs big $$$$ and plenty of man & woman power.  (Do you folks like my PCishness?)

                        The Museum is constantly looking for volunteers.  Last year the area of Riverside and south was experiencing phenomenal growth in both population and industry.  I would have mentioned to some of you younger members that if you could stand 120 F desert summer heat, there were many opportunities for both employment and volunteering at the OEM.  But the economy and fiscal condition of CA make it very unattractive to live, but OK to visit.  Our daughter and son-in-law in Orange County says businesses are leaving CA in droves because of the political/economic conditions and tax penalties against businesses.

                        Dick (GHS 1951 and now in eastern MA)

                        On Mar 24, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Dicarlo, Gino wrote:

                        This is from the Orange Empire People...

                        Bullet's 125, 127 and 129 were offered to the Orange Empire Museum. The 127 was in the
                        best shape out of all of them.  The museum decided to keep the 127 and scrap the 125 and 129
                        to salvage parts for the restoration of the 127.  The cars were being used as bunk houses for
                        migrant workers at a Pickle Factory in Utah.

                        The 128 was purchased by an individual to create the Diner outside of Salt Lake City.

                        The 126 was purchased by an individual with the intention of restoring her, but she was pretty
                        much sitting around for the last 40 years in storage.  A rail museum in Utah has acquired her
                        for restoration at their museum.

                        It will be nice to have two Baby Bullets on display somewhere in the world.  It would be nice
                        to have one painted for the FJ&G, but the 127 is going to sport Bamberger paint and car 126
                        is going to a museum not far from where she worked at the end of her career...

                        Gino

                        Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                        this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                        what happened to 129. ---Andy

                        --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                        > Aaron,
                        >
                        > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car. According to John
                        > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                        > 126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.
                        >
                        > Gino

                      • Fjgrailroad
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 25, 2009
                          Joe,

                          There were 5 cars in all.  2 have been scrapped
                          1 was converted into a resturant and 2 are at
                          Musuems...

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com