Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Brill Bullet in Racepace

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 30, 2008
      Oops, I meant to say trains and busses and where did you get your besses from?

      Gino

      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
      I saw that, it's sweet!  You could easily make that an FJG Bullet.  If it comes out as
      nice as your trolleys and busses, it will come out sweet.  Where did you get your
      trolleys from!  I love them...

      Gino

      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 6:57 PM, andrewsfusco <fusco@...> wrote:

      Dear Gino:

      Thanks for the insight on what's likely
      #126. Now I've got the itch to model
      it. Imperial Hobbies in Pennsylvania
      has come out with a Brill Bullet body in O
      scale resin that I should be able to cut
      to my needs. ---Andy

      --
      http://ginosrailpage.com
      http://fjgrr.org
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 31, 2008
        I wish they would do something in HO, more trolly stuff.Red Ball did a brill motorcar like 200 but they went out of buissness just went to go buy one there is a brass version but not as easy to make changes as plastic ..Some day I guess..

        Steve Lamora

      • A. Fusco
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 1, 2009
          Dear Steve:

          I don't know if you've checked out

          www.eastpenn.org/manuf.html

          or not, but when I went there I was
          pretty impressed by just how much
          eastern traction stuff they had
          listed in HO. ---Andy Fusco
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 2, 2009
            Oh yeah, there is some neat stuff out there!  Thanks Andy...

            Gino

            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 2, 2009
              Thanks Andy

              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 23, 2009
                Here's a topic-change.  I've been trying to contact the photographer who took this photo.  I want
                to know what's up with the Bullet on the move.  Perhaps she's going to a place that will paint
                her up for the FJ&G.

                One thing I did clear up, the 126 is the restaurant in Utah, so this makes it Bullet 128 on the flat-bed.
                For note, Bullets 125 and 129 were stripped of parts for the 127 in California.

                Gino

                has come out with a Brill Bullet body in O
                scale resin that I should be able to cut
                to my needs. ---Andy

                --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@ ...> wrote:

                Andy,

                > It's probably the 126. As of recent, a private owner was
                storing her at a
                > museum in Utah.
                > The 128 is also in Utah, but it
                is a restaurant. Of course, the 127 is
                > preserved at the
                > Orange
                Empire Museum in Perris, California.. ..

                > I wonder what's up
                with her and why Railpage has a West Coast story!

                > Gino
                >
                > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:57 AM, andrewsfusco <fusco@...>
                wrote:

                > > Dear Fellow FJ&Gers:

                Yesterday's mail brought a
                > > pleasant surprise. On page 44
                > > of the new (January 2009) issue
                > > of Railpace magazine is a
                photo
                > > of one of the former FJ&G Brill
                > > Bullets. It
                was shot October 7, 2008
                > > in Ogden, Utah. The caption does
                > > not say which number it was, nor
                > > could I tell from the
                picture

                > > The photo shows it roofless,

                windowless, and truckless sitting
                > > on a flatcar. ----Andy
                Fusco

                --

                href="http://ginosrailpage.com">http://ginosrailpag e.com

                href="http://fjgrr.org">http://fjgrr. org

                href="http://ginosmusicservice.com">http://ginosmusicse rvice.com

                Coming soon: ginostrolleypage. com

                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 23, 2009
                  Are these the cars?

                  No. 128:
                  http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29

                  No. 126:
                  http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm
                  Art City Trolley Restaurant
                  256 N. Main St.
                  Springville, Utah

                  No. 127:
                  http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 23, 2009
                    Aaron,

                    Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car.  According to John Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                    126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.

                    Gino

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@...> wrote:

                      > Are these the cars?
                      >
                      > No. 128:
                      > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29
                      >
                      > No. 126:
                      > http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm
                      > Art City Trolley Restaurant
                      > 256 N. Main St.
                      > Springville, Utah
                      >
                      > No. 127:
                      > http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html
                      >
                      > -Aaron

                      Those are some great pictures, especially on the Orange Empire web site.

                      BTW, if you haven't checked out the Brill Bullet section of Gino's FJ&G site in a while, be sure to do so. He's got some new pictures I had not seen before.

                      Glenn
                      Penacook, NH
                    • Fjgrailroad
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                        As a matter of fact Glenn, there is more to come!

                        Gino

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Mar 24, 2009, at 10:48 AM, "Glenn J. Williams" <gjwilliams@...> wrote:

                        --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@ ...> wrote:

                        > Are these the cars?
                        >
                        > No. 128:
                        > http://www.railpict ures.net/ viewphoto. php?id=218621& nseq=29
                        >
                        > No. 126:
                        > http://www.dhke. com/railroad/ utah/art. htm
                        > Art City Trolley Restaurant
                        > 256 N. Main St.
                        > Springville, Utah
                        >
                        > No. 127:
                        > http://www.oerm. org/pages/ brr127.html
                        >
                        > -Aaron

                        Those are some great pictures, especially on the Orange Empire web site.

                        BTW, if you haven't checked out the Brill Bullet section of Gino's FJ&G site in a while, be sure to do so. He's got some new pictures I had not seen before.

                        Glenn
                        Penacook, NH

                      • andrewsfusco
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                          Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                          this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                          what happened to 129. ---Andy

                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                            This is from the Orange Empire People...

                            Bullet's 125, 127 and 129 were offered to the Orange Empire Museum. The 127 was in the
                            best shape out of all of them.  The museum decided to keep the 127 and scrap the 125 and 129
                            to salvage parts for the restoration of the 127.  The cars were being used as bunk houses for
                            migrant workers at a Pickle Factory in Utah.

                            The 128 was purchased by an individual to create the Diner outside of Salt Lake City.

                            The 126 was purchased by an individual with the intention of restoring her, but she was pretty
                            much sitting around for the last 40 years in storage.  A rail museum in Utah has acquired her
                            for restoration at their museum.

                            It will be nice to have two Baby Bullets on display somewhere in the world.  It would be nice
                            to have one painted for the FJ&G, but the 127 is going to sport Bamberger paint and car 126
                            is going to a museum not far from where she worked at the end of her career...

                            Gino

                            Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                            this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                            what happened to 129. ---Andy

                            --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                            Aaron,

                            > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car.
                            According to John
                            > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                            > 126 on the flat car
                            and the 128 is the Diner.

                            ____________ _________ _________ __

                            href="mailto:FJGRailroad%40yahoogroups.com">FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com]

                            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                            href="http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29">http://www.railpict ures.net/ viewphoto. php?id=218621& nseq=29

                            href="http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm">http://www.dhke. com/railroad/ utah/art. htm

                            Art City Trolley Restaurant
                            > 256 N. Main St.
                            > Springville,
                            Utah

                            href="http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html">http://www.oerm. org/pages/ brr127.html

                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 24, 2009
                              Pardon my bad math, but there are four cars being discussed here? Is there one car that is to be scrapped? Is there actually an opportunity to get the shell of a car back into Johnstown? If the answer is Yes. I might just pledge some funds to get it back to New York.

                              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                              Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                              this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                              what happened to 129. ---Andy

                              --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                              > Aaron,
                              >
                              > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car. According to John
                              > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                              > 126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.
                              >
                              > Gino
                              >
                              > ____________ _________ _________ __

                              HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.
                            • Richard Finn
                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 25, 2009
                                Just about a year ago we were visiting friends in Banning, CA about 30 miles north of Perris on "Da 10".  As I had expressed interest to go to the OEM, friend Hal took me there on a Thursday.  Unfortunately the Museum was closed but the office was open.  The young lady there found one of the volunteers, and after several minutes of persuasion by Hal and me, he opened the barn where 127 was stored.  It was the last object on the track next to the back wall, but I spotted it right away.

                                Cosmetically it looked very well on it's port side.  I was unable to see the starboard side because it was inaccessible.  That is the good news.

                                The bad news is that it has not been moved since another friend of mine from G'ville saw it 6 years ago.  He got to meet John Smatlek who gave him a fine tour.  (I don't think the guy I met was John).  The Museum is a huge facility of mostly Western railroading and traction looks very run down, and needs big $$$$ and plenty of man & woman power.  (Do you folks like my PCishness?)

                                The Museum is constantly looking for volunteers.  Last year the area of Riverside and south was experiencing phenomenal growth in both population and industry.  I would have mentioned to some of you younger members that if you could stand 120 F desert summer heat, there were many opportunities for both employment and volunteering at the OEM.  But the economy and fiscal condition of CA make it very unattractive to live, but OK to visit.  Our daughter and son-in-law in Orange County says businesses are leaving CA in droves because of the political/economic conditions and tax penalties against businesses.

                                Dick (GHS 1951 and now in eastern MA)

                                On Mar 24, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Dicarlo, Gino wrote:

                                This is from the Orange Empire People...

                                Bullet's 125, 127 and 129 were offered to the Orange Empire Museum. The 127 was in the
                                best shape out of all of them.  The museum decided to keep the 127 and scrap the 125 and 129
                                to salvage parts for the restoration of the 127.  The cars were being used as bunk houses for
                                migrant workers at a Pickle Factory in Utah.

                                The 128 was purchased by an individual to create the Diner outside of Salt Lake City.

                                The 126 was purchased by an individual with the intention of restoring her, but she was pretty
                                much sitting around for the last 40 years in storage.  A rail museum in Utah has acquired her
                                for restoration at their museum.

                                It will be nice to have two Baby Bullets on display somewhere in the world.  It would be nice
                                to have one painted for the FJ&G, but the 127 is going to sport Bamberger paint and car 126
                                is going to a museum not far from where she worked at the end of her career...

                                Gino

                                Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                                this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                                what happened to 129. ---Andy

                                --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                                > Aaron,
                                >
                                > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car. According to John
                                > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                                > 126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.
                                >
                                > Gino

                              • Fjgrailroad
                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 25, 2009
                                  Joe,

                                  There were 5 cars in all.  2 have been scrapped
                                  1 was converted into a resturant and 2 are at
                                  Musuems...

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com