Re: [FJGRailroad] Brill Bullet in Racepace

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 30, 2008
      Andy,

      It's probably the 126.  As of recent, a private owner was storing her at a museum in Utah.
      The 128 is also in Utah, but it is a restaurant.  Of course, the 127 is preserved at the
      Orange Empire Museum in Perris, California....

      I wonder what's up with her and why Railpage has a West Coast story!

      Gino

      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:57 AM, andrewsfusco <fusco@...> wrote:

      Dear Fellow FJ&Gers:

      Yesterday's mail brought a
      pleasant surprise. On page 44
      of the new (January 2009) issue
      of Railpace magazine is a photo
      of one of the former FJ&G Brill
      Bullets. It was shot October 7, 2008
      in Ogden, Utah. The caption does
      not say which number it was, nor
      could I tell from the picture

      The photo shows it roofless,
      windowless, and truckless sitting
      on a flatcar. ----Andy Fusco

      --
      http://ginosrailpage.com
      http://fjgrr.org
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 30, 2008
        Dear Gino:

        Thanks for the insight on what's likely
        #126. Now I've got the itch to model
        it. Imperial Hobbies in Pennsylvania
        has come out with a Brill Bullet body in O
        scale resin that I should be able to cut
        to my needs. ---Andy

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 30, 2008
          I saw that, it's sweet!  You could easily make that an FJG Bullet.  If it comes out as
          nice as your trolleys and busses, it will come out sweet.  Where did you get your
          trolleys from!  I love them...

          Gino

          #126. Now I've got the itch to model

            #126. Now I've got the itch to model

            --
          • slamora1@nycap.rr.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 31, 2008
              I wish they would do something in HO, more trolly stuff.Red Ball did a brill motorcar like 200 but they went out of buissness just went to go buy one there is a brass version but not as easy to make changes as plastic ..Some day I guess..

              Steve Lamora

            • A. Fusco
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 1, 2009
                Dear Steve:

                I don't know if you've checked out

                www.eastpenn.org/manuf.html

                or not, but when I went there I was
                pretty impressed by just how much
                eastern traction stuff they had
                listed in HO. ---Andy Fusco
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 2, 2009
                  Oh yeah, there is some neat stuff out there!  Thanks Andy...

                  Gino

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 2, 2009
                    Thanks Andy

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 23 6:18 PM
                      Here's a topic-change.  I've been trying to contact the photographer who took this photo.  I want
                      to know what's up with the Bullet on the move.  Perhaps she's going to a place that will paint
                      her up for the FJ&G.

                      One thing I did clear up, the 126 is the restaurant in Utah, so this makes it Bullet 128 on the flat-bed.
                      For note, Bullets 125 and 129 were stripped of parts for the 127 in California.

                      Gino

                      has come out with a Brill Bullet body in O
                      scale resin that I should be able to cut
                      to my needs. ---Andy

                      --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@ ...> wrote:

                      Andy,

                      > It's probably the 126. As of recent, a private owner was
                      storing her at a
                      > museum in Utah.
                      > The 128 is also in Utah, but it
                      is a restaurant. Of course, the 127 is
                      > preserved at the
                      > Orange
                      Empire Museum in Perris, California.. ..

                      > I wonder what's up
                      with her and why Railpage has a West Coast story!

                      > Gino
                      >
                      > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:57 AM, andrewsfusco <fusco@...>
                      wrote:

                      > > Dear Fellow FJ&Gers:

                      Yesterday's mail brought a
                      > > pleasant surprise. On page 44
                      > > of the new (January 2009) issue
                      > > of Railpace magazine is a
                      photo
                      > > of one of the former FJ&G Brill
                      > > Bullets. It
                      was shot October 7, 2008
                      > > in Ogden, Utah. The caption does
                      > > not say which number it was, nor
                      > > could I tell from the
                      picture

                      > > The photo shows it roofless,

                      windowless, and truckless sitting
                      > > on a flatcar. ----Andy
                      Fusco

                      --

                      href="http://ginosrailpage.com">http://ginosrailpag e.com

                      href="http://fjgrr.org">http://fjgrr. org

                      href="http://ginosmusicservice.com">http://ginosmusicse rvice.com

                      Coming soon: ginostrolleypage. com

                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 23 7:26 PM
                        Are these the cars?

                        No. 128:
                        http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29

                        No. 126:
                        http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm
                        Art City Trolley Restaurant
                        256 N. Main St.
                        Springville, Utah

                        No. 127:
                        http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html

                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 23 9:28 PM
                          Aaron,

                          Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car.  According to John Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                          126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.

                          Gino

                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 24 7:48 AM
                            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@...> wrote:

                            > Are these the cars?
                            >
                            > No. 128:
                            > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29
                            >
                            > No. 126:
                            > http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm
                            > Art City Trolley Restaurant
                            > 256 N. Main St.
                            > Springville, Utah
                            >
                            > No. 127:
                            > http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html
                            >
                            > -Aaron

                            Those are some great pictures, especially on the Orange Empire web site.

                            BTW, if you haven't checked out the Brill Bullet section of Gino's FJ&G site in a while, be sure to do so. He's got some new pictures I had not seen before.

                            Glenn
                            Penacook, NH
                          • Fjgrailroad
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 24 9:09 AM
                              As a matter of fact Glenn, there is more to come!

                              Gino

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 24 12:34 PM
                                Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                                this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                                what happened to 129. ---Andy

                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 24 2:30 PM
                                  This is from the Orange Empire People...

                                  Bullet's 125, 127 and 129 were offered to the Orange Empire Museum. The 127 was in the
                                  best shape out of all of them.  The museum decided to keep the 127 and scrap the 125 and 129
                                  to salvage parts for the restoration of the 127.  The cars were being used as bunk houses for
                                  migrant workers at a Pickle Factory in Utah.

                                  The 128 was purchased by an individual to create the Diner outside of Salt Lake City.

                                  The 126 was purchased by an individual with the intention of restoring her, but she was pretty
                                  much sitting around for the last 40 years in storage.  A rail museum in Utah has acquired her
                                  for restoration at their museum.

                                  It will be nice to have two Baby Bullets on display somewhere in the world.  It would be nice
                                  to have one painted for the FJ&G, but the 127 is going to sport Bamberger paint and car 126
                                  is going to a museum not far from where she worked at the end of her career...

                                  Gino

                                  Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                                  this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                                  what happened to 129. ---Andy

                                  --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                                  Aaron,

                                  > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car.
                                  According to John
                                  > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                                  > 126 on the flat car
                                  and the 128 is the Diner.

                                  ____________ _________ _________ __

                                  href="mailto:FJGRailroad%40yahoogroups.com">FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com]

                                  To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                                  href="http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=218621&nseq=29">http://www.railpict ures.net/ viewphoto. php?id=218621& nseq=29

                                  href="http://www.dhke.com/railroad/utah/art.htm">http://www.dhke. com/railroad/ utah/art. htm

                                  Art City Trolley Restaurant
                                  > 256 N. Main St.
                                  > Springville,
                                  Utah

                                  href="http://www.oerm.org/pages/brr127.html">http://www.oerm. org/pages/ brr127.html

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 24 4:47 PM
                                    Pardon my bad math, but there are four cars being discussed here? Is there one car that is to be scrapped? Is there actually an opportunity to get the shell of a car back into Johnstown? If the answer is Yes. I might just pledge some funds to get it back to New York.

                                    To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                                    Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                                    this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                                    what happened to 129. ---Andy

                                    --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                                    > Aaron,
                                    >
                                    > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car. According to John
                                    > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                                    > 126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.
                                    >
                                    > Gino
                                    >
                                    > ____________ _________ _________ __

                                    HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.
                                  • Richard Finn
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 25 7:19 AM
                                      Just about a year ago we were visiting friends in Banning, CA about 30 miles north of Perris on "Da 10".  As I had expressed interest to go to the OEM, friend Hal took me there on a Thursday.  Unfortunately the Museum was closed but the office was open.  The young lady there found one of the volunteers, and after several minutes of persuasion by Hal and me, he opened the barn where 127 was stored.  It was the last object on the track next to the back wall, but I spotted it right away.

                                      Cosmetically it looked very well on it's port side.  I was unable to see the starboard side because it was inaccessible.  That is the good news.

                                      The bad news is that it has not been moved since another friend of mine from G'ville saw it 6 years ago.  He got to meet John Smatlek who gave him a fine tour.  (I don't think the guy I met was John).  The Museum is a huge facility of mostly Western railroading and traction looks very run down, and needs big $$$$ and plenty of man & woman power.  (Do you folks like my PCishness?)

                                      The Museum is constantly looking for volunteers.  Last year the area of Riverside and south was experiencing phenomenal growth in both population and industry.  I would have mentioned to some of you younger members that if you could stand 120 F desert summer heat, there were many opportunities for both employment and volunteering at the OEM.  But the economy and fiscal condition of CA make it very unattractive to live, but OK to visit.  Our daughter and son-in-law in Orange County says businesses are leaving CA in droves because of the political/economic conditions and tax penalties against businesses.

                                      Dick (GHS 1951 and now in eastern MA)

                                      On Mar 24, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Dicarlo, Gino wrote:

                                      This is from the Orange Empire People...

                                      Bullet's 125, 127 and 129 were offered to the Orange Empire Museum. The 127 was in the
                                      best shape out of all of them.  The museum decided to keep the 127 and scrap the 125 and 129
                                      to salvage parts for the restoration of the 127.  The cars were being used as bunk houses for
                                      migrant workers at a Pickle Factory in Utah.

                                      The 128 was purchased by an individual to create the Diner outside of Salt Lake City.

                                      The 126 was purchased by an individual with the intention of restoring her, but she was pretty
                                      much sitting around for the last 40 years in storage.  A rail museum in Utah has acquired her
                                      for restoration at their museum.

                                      It will be nice to have two Baby Bullets on display somewhere in the world.  It would be nice
                                      to have one painted for the FJ&G, but the 127 is going to sport Bamberger paint and car 126
                                      is going to a museum not far from where she worked at the end of her career...

                                      Gino

                                      Dear Aaron and Gino: I'm a tad confused by
                                      this. Does 125 still exist? Anybody know
                                      what happened to 129. ---Andy

                                      --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@ ...> wrote:

                                      > Aaron,
                                      >
                                      > Thanks for the link of the car on the flat car. According to John
                                      > Smatlek of the OEM, it's
                                      > 126 on the flat car and the 128 is the Diner.
                                      >
                                      > Gino

                                    • Fjgrailroad
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Mar 25 9:47 AM
                                        Joe,

                                        There were 5 cars in all.  2 have been scrapped
                                        1 was converted into a resturant and 2 are at
                                        Musuems...

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com