Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Merry Christmas

  • slamora1@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 25, 2008
      Happy holidays Andy

      My onlty suggestion is to have the glovers winning on the scoreboard sound realy cool though you have to take some pictures for us!!!

      Steve Lamora

      drewsfusco <fusco@...> wrote:
      > Dear Fellow FJ&Gers:
      >
      > Hopefully your Christmas and Channukah were
      > as happy as the Fusco's were.
      >
      > Santa was very good to my pike. He delivered
      > a Pennsy 0-8-0 which is a about to get bashed
      > into FJG #11 and the Atlas "Fenway Park" trolley
      > which is a dead ringer for FJG #62.
      >
      > I planning out the modeling of Glovers' Field
      > in order to model a 1938 Can-Am game between the
      > Johnstown-Gloversville Glovers and the Auburn
      > Bouleys. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
      >
      > Happy and safe New Year to all. ---Andy
      >

      > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Fjgrailroad <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I hope your Christmas and Hanukkah are wonderfull and safe. May Santa
      > > bring all the model trains you asked for! For our Hebrew friends, 1
      > > loco, 1 caboose and 6 freight cars make it a wonderfull 8 days of
      > > Hanukkah.....
      > >
      > > Peace and God bless...
      > >
      > > Gino DiCarlo
      > >
      > > Sent from my iPhone

    • andrewsfusco
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 27, 2008
        Dear Steve:

        I'm going to go through the 1938 newspaper
        microfilm here in our Auburn library, pick out
        a road game from Auburn at Gloversville, and
        model that linescore on my scoreboard. In
        deference to your suggestion, I'll make sure to
        pick a game that the Glovers were leading at
        the moment memorialized in the model. Shouldn't
        be too tough: Auburn had a lousy team that year.
        ---Andy

        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Fjgrailroad <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I hope your Christmas and Hanukkah are wonderfull and safe. May Santa
        > bring all the model trains you asked for! For our Hebrew friends, 1
        > loco, 1 caboose and 6 freight cars make it a wonderfull 8 days of
        > Hanukkah.....
        >
        > Peace and God bless...
        >
        > Gino DiCarlo
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • A. Fusco
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 27, 2009
          Dear Steve: Thanks for the suggestions.
          I picked out a game Saturday June 11, 1938 in
          which the Glovers beat Auburn 6-4. ---Andy

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 23, 2011
            Merry Christmas to all my FJ&G fans!!!!

            Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their
            humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who
            holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all
            their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it
            is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he
            had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he
            might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God,
            and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because
            he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who
            are being tempted.

            Peace on Earth...

            http://fjgrr.org
            http://ginosrailpage.com