Help wanted we need a Bloomberg Truck

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008

      Required disclaimer: I have no economic interest in the following message.

      Hi all. Riverlinejoe here and I am looking for your help. Most of you are aware of Joe Merli's NYC E-8 replica in Duanesburg, N.Y. For those not familiar here is the skinny. Joe Merli is building a turn of the century canal village as a tourist attraction.  I am confident that he is using his own resources to provide this glimpse into the past and I do not believe he is trying to do this as a money making venture. Joe acquired the shell of an E-8 and he has modified it so that it will house an Ice Cream stand. He has done a beautiful job painting the engine into NYC lightening stripes. I personally have given him an Weston Amp meter and a couple of air brake gauges to restore the cab to its operational appearance.

      Joe is looking to complete the locomotive and get the ice cream parlor installed over the winter. However he needs a couple of items to complete the project. One is a Blomberg truck for the rear of the unit. (I know an E-8 had three axel trucks but in this particular case that will not fit. This truck is for cosmetic purposes so the flanges do not need to be any good and he does not want the traction motors. But it would be nice to have an otherwise complete truck assembly with the bearings and leaf springs.

      Joe could also use the control stand so that visitors can sit in the engineer's seat and pretend to run the engine.

      I have sent Joe in a couple of directions (any list members who may have been contacted, hope you don't mind that I gave him your name) but so far to no avail. Joe has the capability to go and retrieve the truck but he needs a truck to retrieve. Naparano isn't interested and LTE hasn't called back. If any of you can help, contact Joe directly at Merli Manufacturing, 518-355-6536.

      Shameless Plug:

      If anything I have said is news to you, take a trip up to Duanesberg and go see the Emporium and E-8 for yourself. The location is two miles east of I-88 on NY Route 20. YOU CANT MISS THE LOCOMOTIVE!

      Joe has cider and doughnuts and will be very happy to see you........

      Also it is not far from Cooperstown and Howe Caverns. Make a weekend of it. ( Why do I hear that music in my head......I Love New York!!!!!!!!! )

      Thanks all for your help!

      Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.