Camera Sketches of Sacandaga Park

  • nyysa2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
      I got the following email

      "I came across your website in researching a book I have, "Camera
      Sketches of Sacandaga Park" issued by the passenger Dept of the F,J&G
      RR Co. Gloversville, N.Y. By Empire engraving of Albany NY. Argus
      Company. No date is listed and any pics of cities such as Schenectady
      just show horse drawn wagons and the F,J&G Fast electric line. Also
      only the Sacandaga river is pictured not Reservoir.

      I have not been able to find another example of this book online and
      thought you may be able to guide me as to both greater documentation
      of the source and it's value if any."

      I sent him the link for this group, so he should see any replies.

      Ken
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2008
        That book is considered highly desirable.  Since it's got a soft cover, many copies are torn.  It's rare to find one in tip-top shape.

        -Aaron

        "I came across your website in researching a book I have, "Camera
        Sketches of Sacandaga Park"  issued by the passenger Dept of the F,J&G
        RR Co. Gloversville, N.Y. By Empire engraving of Albany NY. Argus
        Company. No date is listed and any pics of cities such as Schenectady
        just show horse drawn wagons and the F,J&G Fast electric line. Also
        only the Sacandaga river is pictured not Reservoir.

        I have not been able to find another example of this book online and
        thought you may be able to guide me as to both greater documentation
        of the source and it's value if any."

        I sent him the link for this group, so he should see any replies.

        Ken

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:FJGRailroad-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:FJGRailroad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2010
          What appears to be a relatively decent copy of this item is for sale right now:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ150432877615

          I have no connection to the seller, unless it's one of you folks and I don't know it.

          -Aaron

        • Mark Wilber
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2010
            I'd like to bid on it,but dont want to bid against anyone in the group.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17, 2010
              I'm not bidding, so anyone else can have at it.  I have a copy here that is in good shape.

              -Aaron

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 17, 2010
                That book is great!  I finally got one trading for it!  It used to go for 100 bucks on eBay!

                Sent from my iPhone