Re: [FJGRailroad] Scanner Opinions

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
      Joe,

      The Nikon Coolscan models are considered the diamond standard.  I've used them before.  The image quality is superior.

      http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Film-Scanners/index.page

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
        Thanks Aaron!

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: akeller_1979@...
        Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:46:46 -0800
        Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Scanner Opinions

        Joe,

        The Nikon Coolscan models are considered the diamond standard.  I've used them before.  The image quality is superior.

        http://www.nikonusa .com/Find- Your-Nikon/ Film-Scanners/ index.page

        -Aaron

        Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.
      • Robert Schoneman
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
          I agree with Aaron. Though a bit pricey. What I use now.

          Though still available, though no longer made is the HP S20. I've had 4 of them; all willed to me from my late father. ( One in every home- don't ask :-) ) Still have one as backup.

          Joe, I sent you a ebay link as to what they are. Very cost effective lil scanner.

          You will need a photoediting program to render your pics and prints. Either Adobe or paint Shop Pro 10. I can send you, as well as teach you how to use that program.

          The photo editing program that Nikon offers is less than desirable, IMHO.

          I still have zip disks and disks of FJG and related stuff I got from our meeting in Gville a few years back when I was there. If you guys need it, holler.

          Regards,

          Bob Schoneman
          Appleton, WI
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008
            Thanks Bob. I am going to look into this over the weekend.

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: suds@...
            Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:40:00 -0800
            Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Scanner Opinions

            I agree with Aaron. Though a bit pricey. What I use now.

            Though still available, though no longer made is the HP S20. I've had 4 of them; all willed to me from my late father. ( One in every home- don't ask :-) ) Still have one as backup.

            Joe, I sent you a ebay link as to what they are. Very cost effective lil scanner.

            You will need a photoediting program to render your pics and prints. Either Adobe or paint Shop Pro 10. I can send you, as well as teach you how to use that program.

            The photo editing program that Nikon offers is less than desirable, IMHO.

            I still have zip disks and disks of FJG and related stuff I got from our meeting in Gville a few years back when I was there. If you guys need it, holler.

            Regards,

            Bob Schoneman
            Appleton, WI

            Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.