Scanner Opinions

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
      I want tobuy a scanner to convert my Kodachrome and B&W negatives into digital images. Who has an opinion re brand and model?

      Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
        Joe,

        The Nikon Coolscan models are considered the diamond standard.  I've used them before.  The image quality is superior.

        http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Film-Scanners/index.page

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
          Thanks Aaron!

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: akeller_1979@...
          Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:46:46 -0800
          Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Scanner Opinions

          Joe,

          The Nikon Coolscan models are considered the diamond standard.  I've used them before.  The image quality is superior.

          http://www.nikonusa .com/Find- Your-Nikon/ Film-Scanners/ index.page

          -Aaron

          Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.
        • Robert Schoneman
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
            I agree with Aaron. Though a bit pricey. What I use now.

            Though still available, though no longer made is the HP S20. I've had 4 of them; all willed to me from my late father. ( One in every home- don't ask :-) ) Still have one as backup.

            Joe, I sent you a ebay link as to what they are. Very cost effective lil scanner.

            You will need a photoediting program to render your pics and prints. Either Adobe or paint Shop Pro 10. I can send you, as well as teach you how to use that program.

            The photo editing program that Nikon offers is less than desirable, IMHO.

            I still have zip disks and disks of FJG and related stuff I got from our meeting in Gville a few years back when I was there. If you guys need it, holler.

            Regards,

            Bob Schoneman
            Appleton, WI
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008
              Thanks Bob. I am going to look into this over the weekend.

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              From: suds@...
              Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:40:00 -0800
              Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Scanner Opinions

              I agree with Aaron. Though a bit pricey. What I use now.

              Though still available, though no longer made is the HP S20. I've had 4 of them; all willed to me from my late father. ( One in every home- don't ask :-) ) Still have one as backup.

              Joe, I sent you a ebay link as to what they are. Very cost effective lil scanner.

              You will need a photoediting program to render your pics and prints. Either Adobe or paint Shop Pro 10. I can send you, as well as teach you how to use that program.

              The photo editing program that Nikon offers is less than desirable, IMHO.

              I still have zip disks and disks of FJG and related stuff I got from our meeting in Gville a few years back when I was there. If you guys need it, holler.

              Regards,

              Bob Schoneman
              Appleton, WI

              Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.