Phone call

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      Just a little bit of information.......

      As I sit here on Lexington Avenue in NYC realizing that the weekend is a scant three hours away, I received a phone call from a friend of mine who called to say that he had taken his wife and parents for a ride in the Dome on the Adirondack and that he was in fact looking out at Lake Champlain. His ride was a direct result of my excitement last year when I rode the train for The National Parks Service on the Trails and Rails program. My enthusiasm was such that I told anyone who would listen about my adventure. Now I know that I can be long winded but my story, told over and over again last winter resulted in four additional Amtrak fares and the State of New York getting more of the tourism that they have been promoting.

      For myself I am happy for my friend and his family, and sad that I am not there. But he did have something interesting to say. Apparently they are creeping along at a walking pace somewhere north of Port Henry. Are there slow orders out on the north end?

      By the way Jeremy says the view from the dome is great this afternoon...........

      Army plays Air Force tomorrow at noon, Go Army!