FJ&G S-2 Moved Today

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2008
      According to a cross-reference on the NYS&W list, what's left of one of the FJ&G S-2s moved today in New Jersey.

      NYS&W #206 was restored in the early 80s and several parts from the FJ&G engines got used in the rebuilding efforts.  Most notably, the pilot and radiator fixtures got changed out --- so the front end of the engine you see in the links below is really the front end of one of the FJ&G engines (I want to say it was the 20, but it could have been the 21).

      Today the 206 moved along with other equipment owned by the United Railway Historical Society to Boonton, New Jersey, for storage and possible inclusion in a museum.

      The last the 206 operated was in the late 80s, I believe.

      #206 Today
      http://rcbsd45.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1256079
      http://rcbsd45.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1256082

      The Move
      http://rcbsd45.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1256085
      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1256296

      #206 when first rebuilt, looking a little better
      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=747619
      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=268003
      http://www.trainnet.org/Libraries/Lib006/NYSW2.GIF

      For more on the 206