FJG shelf layout

  • Tim Germain
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
      It's my dream to one day have a FJG layout. Until I can do a "full-
      sized" one I'm thinking of putting together a shelf layout. Has
      anyone here put together a FJG shelf layout plan? If so, I'd love to
      see it. If not, where would be a good area(s) to do use as a shelf
      layout?

      Tim
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
        Hi Tim,

        What scale would you be working in? Just heard the other day Bachmann
        has a sample N scale 44 tonner at the National Train Convention in
        Anaheim this week.

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
          Paul Charland may have a great idea for an N-Scale layout of Johnstown
          yard.  I want to do it someday!

          Gino

          --
          http://ginosrailpage.com
          http://fjgrr.org
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19, 2008
            I'd use either HO or N. While I'd rather use HO I could do a bigger
            area in N.

            Tim

            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 19, 2008
              Hi Tim,

              Here's an N scale "L" shaped Johnstown switching layout that fits in an
              8' by 4 1/2' corner of a room.

              http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wEeCSFJR_J3lk7GYCNwnNkkUbtdzRtuQiRYxQktRPCUwMkdpJt51keB0bydmncMT3ahBNTW3NXfZhcLCuObGwclDpMDMCQ68vW0/FJ%26GJohnstown.jpg

              Hope this link gets you there, if not the file is in the group Files
              section, just look for FJ&GJohnstown.jpg.

              Paul :-)

              Tim Germain wrote:
              > I'd use either HO or N. While I'd rather use HO I could do a bigger
              > area in N.
              >
              > Tim
            • Tim Germain
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 20, 2008
                Thanks for pointing the file out to me, Paul.

                wrote:

                > Hi Tim,
                >
                > Here's an N scale "L" shaped Johnstown switching layout that fits
                in an
                > 8' by 4 1/2' corner of a room.

                http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wEeCSFJR_J3lk7GYCNwnNkkUbtdzRtuQiRYxQktRP
                CUwMkdpJt51keB0bydmncMT3ahBNTW3NXfZhcLCuObGwclDpMDMCQ68vW0/FJ%
                26GJohnstown.jpg

                > Hope this link gets you there, if not the file is in the group
                Files
                > section, just look for FJ&GJohnstown.jpg.
                >
                > Paul :-)

              • Skip Barber
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 26, 2008
                  Tim,

                  I am building a three level shelf layout.  The bottom level is strictly staging, the middle level is Fonda, and the top level is Johnstown and Gloversville.  The top level is yet to be built, but it is started. I will try to get together my plans and get back with you.  Ask any questions you may have.
                  Skip

                  It's my dream to one day have a FJG layout.  Until I can do a "full-
                  sized" one I'm thinking of putting together a shelf layout.  Has
                  anyone here put together a FJG shelf layout plan?  If so, I'd love to
                  see it.  If not, where would be a good area(s) to do use as a shelf
                  layout?

                  Tim

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      mailto:FJGRailroad-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      mailto:FJGRailroad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Tim Germain
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 29, 2008
                    Hi, Skip. I'd love to see your plans. I grew up in Gloversville so
                    I'm particularly interested in how you're doing that area.

                    Tim