Current Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2008
      Hi guys,

      A lot of people have been emailing me and wondering where I've been,
      why I haven't posted much and when
      am I going to add new material to GINOSRAILPAGE. Well, I'm excited to
      say that I am currently working on
      a book for Arcadia titled "Trolleys Of The Capital District." It will
      showcase the Schenectady Railway Company,
      Hudson Valley Railway and The United Traction Company. I will also
      throw in a few pictures from connecting
      lines like The FJ&G, Ballston Terminal and The Albany Hudson Fastline.

      I am close to deadline and am told that the book will ship in
      September. If anyone would like to know the exact
      date of release and how they can obtain it, please write me at
      fjgrailroad@... and I'll notify you when all is said
      and done.

      Through the help of people like Ken Bradford and his grandfather's
      amazing collection, Pat Nestle and the great
      David Nestle Collection and people from local historical societies and
      the State Museum, this book should be
      a good one. I've collected some real neat shots that I know I haven't
      seen published. You also won't find a
      lot of them on the web. I will also try my best to provide some
      history on these great lines. With the exception
      of the Hudson Valley, Ballston Terminal, Albany Hudson and FJ&G, a
      great line like Albany's United Traction Co.
      doesn't have a book out there. I'll try to fill in some holes on this
      line that some people don't know about.

      There's many people to thank and I will do my best to give credit
      where credit is due, but I've only got 181 pages
      to work with. I think you'll be happy.

      I hope to be able to send you more updates soon and when this is all
      out the door, I will get back to updating
      GINOSRAILPAGE.COM.

      Thanks,

      http://ginosrailpage.com
      http://fjgrr.org