RE: [FJGRailroad] Ron Crowd's obituary

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2008
      Wow, please excuse the grammar in my post.  That's what happens when I send emails at 1 in the morning!

      Gino

      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
      Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:42:00 -0500
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Ron Crowd's obituary

      A nice guy who saved the Greenwich and Johnsonville Railroad and part of the D&H's
      Washington Branch past away this week.  He also tried to rescue the West Shore
      between Amsterdam and Fort Plain.

      Gino

      Ron's obituary appeared today in the Glens Falls Post Star
      He will always be remembered as a fan, who also had a vision.

      Ronald Edward Crowd

      ARGYLE Ronald Edward Crowd, 57, of Harper Road, Argyle, was placed in the hands of the Lord on Sunday, March 30, 2008, after a long illness, with his family at his bedside. He was born on July 24, 1950, in Brooklyn, N.Y. He was predeceased by his parents, Walter and Bertha Crowd. He owned and ran the Batten Kill Railroad since 1983. He was the first African-American to own a railroad in the United States. He was aired on many television programs including Good Morning America and featured in several newspaper articles. He was one of the founders of the Greenwich Chamber of Commerce. He volunteered for the Greenwich Fire Department, and was a member of the New York State Operation LifeSaver (Train Safety). He was a member of the Fruitful Vine Christian Church. He loved working on building his model trains, was a wonderful artist, he could draft and even helped design a bridge. Despite Ron's limitations he lived life to the fullest. He was well known and made friends wherever he went. He traveled, cooked, and did many activities. Survivors include his wife, Sherri Crowd; his children, Christopher Crowd and wife, Melanie, Nicholle Rich and husband, Paul, Alicia Crowd, Lee Crowd, Diana Nevins, and Jacob Crowd; four grandchildren: Xavier, Arianna, and Trinity Crowd, and Lily Rich; and his first wife, Patricia Crowd. Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m., on Wednesday, April 2, 2008, at Flynn Bros., Inc. Funeral Home, 80 Main St., Greenwich. A funeral service will follow at 7 p.m. Burial will be held later in the spring in the Greenwich Cemetery. Memorials can be made to the Argyle Rescue Squad, Attention Anna Bristol, 248 Pleasant Valley Road, Argyle, NY 12809. The family memorial Web site is www.roncrowd. org Online remembrances can also be made at www.flynn brosinc.com

      Published in the Post-Star on 4/1/2008.

      http://ginosrailpag e.com
      http://fjgrr. org
      http://ginosmusicse rvice.com