Re: [FJGRailroad] From The Archives

  • Jerry Snyder
    Message 1 of 87 , Mar 31, 2008
      Just took a quick look through a library of Dow tank
      cars at http://www.rrpicturearchives.net Didn't see
      any with the "Kosher" marking but apparently Dow ships
      a lot of chemicals used in food production and water
      treatment. There's a whole section on their site that
      discusses Kosher certifications provided for their
      products up to the point of delivery to the user.
      Jerry

      OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends:Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t
      Message 87 of 87 , Mar 24, 2009
        My kids said, "Dad are you going to have a fire tonight? It is spring! Yes but it will be cold tonight" I replied.

        And with that, while rummaging around the archives, I found a copy of PC RAILROADER July-August 1975. On page 4 there is a photo of FJG 153998 with the following caption, "The Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville located off the Mohawk Division in Amsterdam, New York acquired 100 40' and 138 50' box cars from Penn Central. photo by the editor - Joe Klapkowski

        I know the caption is inaccurate. I did not write it.  This was way before the days of the internet and common information. To have a by- line back then at the ripe old age of 15 was, well, pretty cool.

        Internet Explorer 8 – Now Available. Faster, safer, easier. Download FREE now!