Re: [FJGRailroad] Gloversville Station Model

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 13, 2008
      Hi Gino,

      V scale is when when it comes down to it!

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 13, 2008
        I think there is still a ton of talent needed to do this!  Don't short yourself!

        Gino's Railpage wrote:

        > Wow Paul, that is out of this
        world!!!!

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 13, 2008
          Paul,  Nice work as usual.

          There was a train order board and light on the gable outside the Superintendent and dispatcher's office.  It was the swing style, switch target style red oval disk.  Was there right to the end, though the lamp was long gone.  Remember as a kid somehow getting up to it and turning it so the red was displayed, and it stayed that way.

          PKL

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: p.charlie@...
          Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:34:04 -0400
          Subject: [FJGRailroad] Gloversville Station Model

          Hi All,

          Just finished a v0scale model of the Gloversville station for the
          train-sim route I'm working on:

          http://finance. ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/FJGRailroa d/photos/ view/6a0c? b=1&m=f&o= 0

          I know there are a few areas I'd like to have done more detail on but
          the program only allows you to add objects with 1750 polygons or less
          and I'm just about at that limit with this model.

          Paul :-)

          Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix". Check it out.
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
            Hi Paul,

            How's this look to you?

            Had to get a magnifying glass out to find the board, had to see on a
            black and white print!

            Paul :-)

            Paul Larner wrote:
            > Paul, Nice work as usual.
            >
            > There was a train order board and light on the gable outside the
            > Superintendent and dispatcher's office. It was the swing style,
            > switch target style red oval disk. Was there right to the end,
            > though the lamp was long gone. Remember as a kid somehow getting up
            > to it and turning it so the red was displayed, and it stayed that
            > way.
            >
            > PKL
          • Robert Bridge
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
              Paul I was just a young boy when this station stood. You have done a really good job. Can't wait to see it in the MSTS addon!!!

              Bob

              Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:
              Hi Paul,

              How's this look to you?

              http://finance. ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/FJGRailroa d/photos/ view/6a0c? b=2&m=f&o= 0

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
                Hi Bob,

                It was posted late this morning to the library and will be in the next
                beta I post. I'm trying to make it to Grand St to finish a tile. You
                can only have 1500 objects per tile so I didn't want to overload the and
                still have two blocks beyond the station to draw.

                Paul :-)

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
                  Nice.  There are some color shots of the 1950 excursion which show it brightly painted as well as the trim on the station in green.  You're right it is very hard to see in the black and white photos.  I will look to see if any I have any showing a lamp on the top of the post.  Am sure it would have to be early, if ever there actually was a lamp used on it.  There was no place for a lamp in a 1928 photo of it.  Even have a mid teen photo of the board set to red but no lamp,

                  Maybe I have a record that will show when it was erected; another project.

                  PKL

                  To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                  From: p.charlie@...
                  Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:13:00 -0400

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
                    Hi Paul,

                    You're right, add a little color to the shot and the signal board jumps
                    right out at you!

                    Wouldn't be a shocker to see a switch lamp up there at one time. Even
                    though the FJ&G wasn't much for night operations it would still be dark
                    enough in the winter during early mornings and early evenings to be
                    classed as night.

                    A CV question for you... do you remember if 4449 was ever in CV colors,
                    probably Larson green if anything. Answered a question on another list
                    today saying I thought it was but someone provided a link to the unit in
                    Grand Truck blue in 1980. I have shots of 4448 and 4450 in Larson green
                    but can't find another shot of 4449 anywhere.

                    Paul :-)

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
                      Wow Paul, the yard looks great!

                      Gino

                      --
                      http://ginosrailpage.com
                      http://fjgrr.org
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
                        Hi Gino,

                        The west yard and engine facility are finished, now working towards
                        Grand Street, finished drawing Graziano Bros earlier this evening.

                        I know I asked these questions a few years ago but can't remember the
                        name of the hotel/bar across the street from them and also the name of a
                        business on the north side of the creek at Spring Street, they weren't
                        served but I'll be drawing them as well.

                        Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel after thirteen months
                        of drawing.

                        Paul :-)

                        Gino's Railpage wrote:
                        > Wow Paul, the yard looks great!
                        >
                        > Gino
                      • Robert Schoneman
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 15, 2008
                          Super Sharp, Paul.

                          I'm sure the full CAD/MSTS interior looks just as nice!

                          ...One very good reason why I live 1100 miles some direction away from Sacandaga right
                          about now.

                          ;-)

                          RJS
                          Packerland
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 15, 2008
                            Hi Robert,

                            The only buildings with anything close to an interior have been the coal
                            sheds, enginehouse, and where the track enters Fairbanks Feed. For the
                            most part I'm pushing the polygon limits for the exterior of building.
                            The program I draw in will let you use an unlimited number of polygons
                            in your drawing, you just can't get them to open in the sim if the
                            converted polygon could breaks 3500 (close to 1750 actual polygons used).

                            Paul :-)