Re: [FJGRailroad] good riddance

  • Dave Brennan
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2008
              AMEN    !         !

      Saul Kalbfeld <fjgbus@...> wrote:
      Re: Paul always said that Johnstown was never a big fan of the railroad, this
      must fester even 'till today. One of the Rome Loco Works employees
      who worked removing cars from the line said that the Johnstown locals
      shouted at the crews when they worked. He's sure he heard 'good riddance'
      several times...

      These must be people who didn't care about:
      The loss of manufacturing jobs to the third world,
      The decline and fall of the leather and glove industry,
      Good paying union wages replaced by so called "service jobs",
      Loss of population,
      Decline of schools,
      Decline of cities,
      NAFTA
      And more
      Oh, those Johnstown folks... they really didn't understand.
      AMEN
      Saul
      (Union Member)

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2008
        I'm scheduled to do a talk in Johnstown this late spring regarding the FJ&G and its relationship with the village/city of Johnstown.  It was the JG&K, largely a Johnstown organization, when taken over by the Cayadutta, mostly outside money, that brought the downfall of the first FJ&G company.  Politics, prosperity and the bond issue combined to create the hostility.

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2008

          A talk in Johnstown? Canyou supply details? Could I attend?

          To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: pklarner@...
          Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 23:51:23 -0500
          Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] good riddance

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 27, 2008
            June 14, FMCC.  I am pretty certain it is open to the public.  Part of celebration of Johnstown's history this year.

            PKL

            To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: riverlinejoe@...
            Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:33:04 +0000

            A talk in Johnstown? Canyou supply details? Could I attend?

            To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: pklarner@hotmail. com
            Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 23:51:23 -0500

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 27, 2008
              Should this be the date of the summer get-together?

              -Aaron

              To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
              From: riverlinejoe@...
              Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:33:04 +0000

              A talk in Johnstown? Canyou supply details? Could I attend?
              To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com
              From: pklarner@hotmail. com
              Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 23:51:23 -0500

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008
                NO that's just one of two so far.  August hasn't been a bad time so far.  I'll get in touch with the city to see when they're celebrating their railfest.

                PKl

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                From: akeller_1979@...
                Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:48:21 -0800

                To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                From: riverlinejoe@ hotmail.com
                Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:33:04 +0000

                A talk in Johnstown? Canyou supply details? Could I attend?
                To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                From: pklarner@hotmail. com
                Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 23:51:23 -0500

                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com