Re: [FJGRailroad] New Photos

  • Michael Christie
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      Great additions to the site Gino!  Too bad I missed you at the show!

      -Mike

      On 1/31/08, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
      Hi guys,

      I picked up a batch of FJ&G Trolley photos at the Big E in
      Springfield.  Some you've seen, maybe some you
      haven't.  Go to http://fjgrr.org abd click on "NEW" to see them.

      http://ginosrailpage.com
      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosmusicservice.com

      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      http://ny.existingstations.com/
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto:FJGRailroad-digest@yahoogroups.com
         mailto:FJGRailroad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Charlie Vosburgh
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
        Gino;  Great photos!  Sure would be nice to go back in time and ride one of those cars to the city and back.  Charlie
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
          I need to announce in advance when I'm going to these shows so I can meet fellow
          fans. I did hook up with some other guys who I haven't met or seen in
          a while. Finding
          someone in Springfield is like finding a needle in a haystack!

          Gino

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 8, 2014
            Came across these recently:

            Fonda depot, as seen from the rear of a passing NYC train:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12226471036/sizes/o/
            I estimate the date to be the early 1950s, since the RS2 or RS3 locomotive models on the NYC were delivered starting in 1950, and there are two such locomotives in the distance.

            Scotia, with the FJ&G Electric Division diverging to the right as the NYC tracks dip underneath the B&M Rotterdam Branch:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12230441946/sizes/o/

            The entire set is interesting if you care to look for your favorite railroad(s).  There are a few other shots of regional interest; the above are the only "FJ&G" images I could find.  Here is the entire group:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/sets/

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 10, 2014
                  Charlie,

                  The correction is more than welcome.  I do not have the book you referenced.  I checked a few of the available online rosters and all listed a date of 1950 or later for delivery of RS2 or RS3 diesels.  That sounded odd to me, as I had a gut suspicion some of the RS2 locomotives had been delivered a wee bit earlier, but I went with what I could find.