RE: [FJGRailroad] Quiz

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
      Good morning Paul and all,

      The diesels did go into the coal houses, very carefully.  The S-2s were 7 1/2 tons heavier than the No. 11 at 130 tons.  All the steam locomotives went into the coal houses.   I stand corrected.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: p.charlie@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 07:11:56 -0500
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Quiz

      Hi Aaron and Paul,

      I have a shot of half an S-2 in the coal shed in Gloversville, just
      assumed the entire engine was going it. Spotting car in the last bay
      would have required holding on to half a dozen idler cars, that's a lot
      when you're pushing them up a steep grade. Was the 44 tonner allowed
      in, probably would have weighted less then the average loaded hopper.

      Paul :-)