Atlas S-2 in N scale?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2008
      Hi All,

      A bit of an update on the article update. I mentioned to Tony that Skip
      was working on an N scale layout based on a third plan I provided and
      sent Tony the plan. It's a bedroom size version and apparently just
      what Tony was looking for. Jim's article has now been bumped up to the
      number one position, where it belongs! Might actually get two FJ&G
      articles out of this, the one Jim Shaughnessy is working on and a second
      Layout Design Element article on the Johnstown layout.

      I did suggest to Tony the need for a more reliable and available N scale
      S-2 model, he suggested a letter writing campaign that may or may not
      work, but you never know if you don't try:

      "I remember a so-so N scale Alco switcher eons ago, but I wouldn't be
      surprised if Walthers did one in N. They have done most of the homework
      already. I'd contact them and make that suggestion, and get everyone
      else to contact them as well. Campaigns can work! Address your comments
      to Chuck Friedlein.

      Tony"