RE: [FJGRailroad] Kelloggs Branch

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
      Nice work Gino ! The tank car shots are great ! About the trestle, in the summer, with all the foliage, you had no idea until the middle of the trestle that you were 60 feet up in the air. I wish I had salvaged the rails......

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: fjgrailroad@...
      Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 04:15:01 +0000
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Kelloggs Branch

      Hi guys,

      I've finally uploaded my recent work on the Kellogg's Branch. If
      you've ever wondered about this former New York Central/Penn
      Central/Conrail spur in Amsterdam, NY, go check this out. I've got
      photos that I've took in the last few years, shots from yesterday and
      maps. Jerry Snyder scared up some great shots from the Slezak family
      and you're gonna see pictures you've never seen before.

      Here's the link: http://ginosrailpag e.com/kellog/ index.html

      Special thanks to Jerry Snyder, Joe Klapkowski, Steve Myers, Joe Slezak
      and the late Walt Danylak.

      Hope you enjoy it!

      Gino

      i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more
    • Charlie Vosburgh
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
        Gino;  Do you have a copy of the Central Headlight, 4th Quarter, 1989?  Jack Wright did a story on it then.  All the photos are from the 1980s but the history included is from the start of the line.  Because I can't get DSL at this location, the quality of the email of this story would be lacking.  If you do want a copy, maybe I can meet Jerry some time and send it through his site.  Let me know.  Charlie
        I've finally uploaded my recent work on the Kellogg's Branch. If
        you've ever wondered about this former New York Central/Penn
        Central/Conrail spur in Amsterdam, NY, go check this out. I've got
        photos that I've took in the last few years, shots from yesterday and
        maps. Jerry Snyder scared up some great shots from the Slezak family
        and you're gonna see pictures you've never seen before.

        Here's the link: http://ginosrailpag e.com/kellog/ index.html

        Special thanks to Jerry Snyder, Joe Klapkowski, Steve Myers, Joe Slezak
        and the late Walt Danylak.

        Hope you enjoy it!

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
          Yes Charlie, I have the article. The pictures are great. The guy
          who's photos that Jack Wright used is
          Bill Mischler. He's supposed to scan some for the webpage.

          Gino

          --
          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org