Kelloggs Branch

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
      Hi guys,

      I've finally uploaded my recent work on the Kellogg's Branch. If
      you've ever wondered about this former New York Central/Penn
      Central/Conrail spur in Amsterdam, NY, go check this out. I've got
      photos that I've took in the last few years, shots from yesterday and
      maps. Jerry Snyder scared up some great shots from the Slezak family
      and you're gonna see pictures you've never seen before.

      Here's the link: http://ginosrailpage.com/kellog/index.html

      Special thanks to Jerry Snyder, Joe Klapkowski, Steve Myers, Joe Slezak
      and the late Walt Danylak.

      Hope you enjoy it!

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
        Nice work Gino ! The tank car shots are great ! About the trestle, in the summer, with all the foliage, you had no idea until the middle of the trestle that you were 60 feet up in the air. I wish I had salvaged the rails......

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: fjgrailroad@...
        Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 04:15:01 +0000
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Kelloggs Branch

        Hi guys,

        I've finally uploaded my recent work on the Kellogg's Branch. If
        you've ever wondered about this former New York Central/Penn
        Central/Conrail spur in Amsterdam, NY, go check this out. I've got
        photos that I've took in the last few years, shots from yesterday and
        maps. Jerry Snyder scared up some great shots from the Slezak family
        and you're gonna see pictures you've never seen before.

        Here's the link: http://ginosrailpag e.com/kellog/ index.html

        Special thanks to Jerry Snyder, Joe Klapkowski, Steve Myers, Joe Slezak
        and the late Walt Danylak.

        Hope you enjoy it!

        Gino

        i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more
      • Charlie Vosburgh
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
          Gino;  Do you have a copy of the Central Headlight, 4th Quarter, 1989?  Jack Wright did a story on it then.  All the photos are from the 1980s but the history included is from the start of the line.  Because I can't get DSL at this location, the quality of the email of this story would be lacking.  If you do want a copy, maybe I can meet Jerry some time and send it through his site.  Let me know.  Charlie
          I've finally uploaded my recent work on the Kellogg's Branch. If
          you've ever wondered about this former New York Central/Penn
          Central/Conrail spur in Amsterdam, NY, go check this out. I've got
          photos that I've took in the last few years, shots from yesterday and
          maps. Jerry Snyder scared up some great shots from the Slezak family
          and you're gonna see pictures you've never seen before.

          Here's the link: http://ginosrailpag e.com/kellog/ index.html

          Special thanks to Jerry Snyder, Joe Klapkowski, Steve Myers, Joe Slezak
          and the late Walt Danylak.

          Hope you enjoy it!

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
            Yes Charlie, I have the article. The pictures are great. The guy
            who's photos that Jack Wright used is
            Bill Mischler. He's supposed to scan some for the webpage.

            Gino

            --
            www.ginosrailpage.com
            www.fjgrr.org