Fort Orange Paper

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2007
      It appears that Fort Orange Paper not only went Chapter 11 but liquidated as well. The entire place is roped off and the rails have been pulled up, the creamsicle boxcars are gone as is the 50 tonner.

      It was a neat little operation.....

      Anyone know what happened to the equipment? there is no obvious sign that any of the cars were cut up on the spot although since they were equipped with friction bearing trucks I can not  imagine that CSX accepeted them in intechange service. There is a fair amount of thick splintered wood laying about that suggests to me that the wooden boxcar was destroyed on site......

      Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in!