L&BR

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2007
      Did someone post a message to the group about the L&BR? Well if so,
      here is a letter
      I received from the president of the Northern New York Railroad
      Historical Society...

      Hi Gino, just a word of intro. The railway Historical Society of NNY
      owns the #1947, and has plans to operate a tourist RR on the old L&BR
      from Croghan to Beaver Falls, with future extension to Lowville. We
      also own a ex-Rutland combine, once owned by OW Link, and donated to
      us by his estate. Lots of nice equip. but no RR to run it on.
      Our web-site: www.newyorktrains.com.

      Don Mooney, President.

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2007
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage"
        <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

        > Did someone post a message to the group about the L&BR? Well if so,
        > here is a letter
        > I received from the president of the Northern New York Railroad
        > Historical Society...
        >
        > Hi Gino, just a word of intro. The railway Historical Society of NNY
        > owns the #1947, and has plans to operate a tourist RR on the old L&BR
        > from Croghan to Beaver Falls, with future extension to Lowville. We
        > also own a ex-Rutland combine, once owned by OW Link, and donated to
        > us by his estate. Lots of nice equip. but no RR to run it on.
        > Our web-site: www.newyorktrains.com.
        >
        > Don Mooney, President.
        >
        > --
        > www.ginosrailpage.com
        > www.fjgrr.org

        Gino
        Thanks for the response. Someone had posted on RR.NET that it was for
        sale and just wanted to know any additional info.
      • Gordon Davis
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2010
        • 1 Attachment
        • 46 KB
        The Lowville & Beaver River in a 1936 shot at Lowville.  This car is a Scott product and appears to be out of service being sandwiched between two work flats.  Also the radiator intake is covered.
        No, I wasn't the photographer being a toddler at the time.
        Can't open the file?  Let me know and I'll send a PDF.
        Gordon
        Scan0021