RE: Montgomery County Jail

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007

      Jerry thanks for the info.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: handyman756@...
      Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 20:36:37 -0800
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Beaver Street Mill Question

      Actually it was the jail itself and the sheriff's
      residence and they were taken down. The jail had
      begun to collapse (large sections of the brick facing
      had fallen away) and the entire building was in bad
      shape from neglect. Last year's floods didn't help
      either. They were in the process of doing asbestos
      abatement prior to a planned demolition by the county
      itself next year but when it started to come down by
      itself they had to bring in the professionals and have
      it taken down NOW. I have pictures throughout the
      demolition if anyone is interested. They saved all of
      the scrap metal which is in a huge pile there now -
      the county is going to dispose of it themselves and
      use the proceeds to defer some of the demolition cost.
      The solid masonry is being crushed to use for fill of
      the site which will be graded, covered over with dirt,
      and seeded to create a park area pending possible
      future development.
      Jerry
      --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@ hotmail.com>

      car.http://finance. groups.yahoo. com/group/ FJGRailroad/ files/FJ% 26G%20MSTS/ BeaverStMillQues tion.jpgAlso,
      > have no idea about the two other large structures in
      > the shot labeled A? and B?, B? looks old enough to
      > have been around in the late '50s, not sure about A?
      > though. Did either of these have rail service?Paul
      > :-)

      > Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook –
      > together at last.  Get it now.

      http://office. microsoft. com/en-us/ outlook/HA102225 181033.aspx? pid=CL1006269710 33

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com