Re: [FJGRailroad] Beaver Street Mill Question

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 4, 2007
      Hi Paul,

      I have Randy's book a foot and a half away but neither Dave's or Bill's
      book. I'll Google both and see what turns up.

      Paul :-)

      Paul Larner wrote:
      > Golly I wish I had known you didn't have "Steam and Trolley Days"
      > last July. I let a couple go at the meeting, I believe to the museum
      > because no one that attended needed one. How about Bill Gordon's
      > later reprint of Dave's work titled "Trolleys Down the Mohawk Valley"
      > ? That has all the same material. These turn up regularly on eBay
      > and may be one or the other on there now, if not in the bid area
      > below in the store area. Search "Fonda" under
      > Transportation-Railroadiana.
      >
      > Randy Decker's Arcadia series book on the FJ&G has some photos of
      > interest too. This one is still in print I believe.
      >
      > Paul
    • Gerald Snyder
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 5, 2007
        Actually it was the jail itself and the sheriff's
        residence and they were taken down. The jail had
        begun to collapse (large sections of the brick facing
        had fallen away) and the entire building was in bad
        shape from neglect. Last year's floods didn't help
        either. They were in the process of doing asbestos
        abatement prior to a planned demolition by the county
        itself next year but when it started to come down by
        itself they had to bring in the professionals and have
        it taken down NOW. I have pictures throughout the
        demolition if anyone is interested. They saved all of
        the scrap metal which is in a huge pile there now -
        the county is going to dispose of it themselves and
        use the proceeds to defer some of the demolition cost.
        The solid masonry is being crushed to use for fill of
        the site which will be graded, covered over with dirt,
        and seeded to create a park area pending possible
        future development.
        Jerry
        --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007

          Jerry thanks for the info.

          PKL

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: handyman756@...
          Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 20:36:37 -0800
          Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Beaver Street Mill Question

          --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@ hotmail.com>

          car.http://finance. groups.yahoo. com/group/ FJGRailroad/ files/FJ% 26G%20MSTS/ BeaverStMillQues tion.jpgAlso,
          > have no idea about the two other large structures in
          > the shot labeled A? and B?, B? looks old enough to
          > have been around in the late '50s, not sure about A?
          > though. Did either of these have rail service?Paul
          > :-)

          > Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook –
          > together at last.  Get it now.

          http://office. microsoft. com/en-us/ outlook/HA102225 181033.aspx? pid=CL1006269710 33

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com