RE: [FJGRailroad] Beaver Street Mill Question

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 4, 2007
      Golly I wish I had known you didn't have "Steam and Trolley Days" last July.  I let a couple go at the meeting, I believe to the museum because no one that attended needed one.  How about Bill Gordon's later reprint of Dave's work titled "Trolleys Down the Mohawk Valley" ?  That has all the same material.  These turn up regularly on eBay and may be one or the other on there now, if not in the bid area below in the store area.  Search "Fonda" under Transportation-Railroadiana.

      Randy Decker's Arcadia series book on the FJ&G has some photos of interest too.  This one is still in print I believe.

      Paul

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: p.charlie@...
      Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 18:35:26 -0500
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Beaver Street Mill Question

      Hi Paul,

      Now, if I only had a copy of Dave Nestle's book!

      Knowing what I'm seeing will make it a lot easier to draw. I have to
      use 1995 black and white satellite shots in one program to place markers
      that I can then bring into MS Train-sim and use to lay track or roads
      with. The problem with these satellite shots are it's not obvious at
      times what if track and when is shadow. I missed this area completely
      but now I know where to look for what it should be easy to correct.

      Thanks for your help and everyone else's too.

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 4, 2007
        Hi Paul,

        I have Randy's book a foot and a half away but neither Dave's or Bill's
        book. I'll Google both and see what turns up.

        Paul :-)

        Paul Larner wrote:
        > Golly I wish I had known you didn't have "Steam and Trolley Days"
        > last July. I let a couple go at the meeting, I believe to the museum
        > because no one that attended needed one. How about Bill Gordon's
        > later reprint of Dave's work titled "Trolleys Down the Mohawk Valley"
        > ? That has all the same material. These turn up regularly on eBay
        > and may be one or the other on there now, if not in the bid area
        > below in the store area. Search "Fonda" under
        > Transportation-Railroadiana.
        >
        > Randy Decker's Arcadia series book on the FJ&G has some photos of
        > interest too. This one is still in print I believe.
        >
        > Paul
      • Gerald Snyder
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 5, 2007
          Actually it was the jail itself and the sheriff's
          residence and they were taken down. The jail had
          begun to collapse (large sections of the brick facing
          had fallen away) and the entire building was in bad
          shape from neglect. Last year's floods didn't help
          either. They were in the process of doing asbestos
          abatement prior to a planned demolition by the county
          itself next year but when it started to come down by
          itself they had to bring in the professionals and have
          it taken down NOW. I have pictures throughout the
          demolition if anyone is interested. They saved all of
          the scrap metal which is in a huge pile there now -
          the county is going to dispose of it themselves and
          use the proceeds to defer some of the demolition cost.
          The solid masonry is being crushed to use for fill of
          the site which will be graded, covered over with dirt,
          and seeded to create a park area pending possible
          future development.
          Jerry
          --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007

            Jerry thanks for the info.

            PKL

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: handyman756@...
            Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 20:36:37 -0800

            --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@ hotmail.com>

            car.http://finance. groups.yahoo. com/group/ FJGRailroad/ files/FJ% 26G%20MSTS/ BeaverStMillQues tion.jpgAlso,
            > have no idea about the two other large structures in
            > the shot labeled A? and B?, B? looks old enough to
            > have been around in the late '50s, not sure about A?
            > though. Did either of these have rail service?Paul
            > :-)

            > Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook –
            > together at last.  Get it now.

            http://office. microsoft. com/en-us/ outlook/HA102225 181033.aspx? pid=CL1006269710 33

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com