Re: [FJGRailroad] Second Attempt

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
      Thanks Paul,

      A lot of work for one car a year!

      Paul :-)

      Paul Larner wrote:
      > Yes that is the Helburn Thompson and later Lee Dye mill.
      >
      > PKL
    • Dave Brennan
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
                 Paul
          Is this not where Independant Leather was?   Now all gone and EPA  safe.
         Maybe it was Lee Dye earlier ?
                 Dave

        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
        From: p.charlie@sympatico .ca
        Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:23:53 -0400
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Second Attempt

        Hi All,

        Gino was having trouble figuring out what spur I was asking about
        earlier today so I made another screen shot, drew in the mainline, a
        solid line for the spur I'm asking about, a dashed line for the spur he
        thought I was asking about, plus labeled three roads to give you a
        better idea of where I'm asking about.

        http://xs220. xs.to/xs220/ 07421/UnknownInd ustry2.jpg

        Paul :-)

        Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
          Hi Dave,

          Independent Leather was about a mile up the mainline from the switch
          serving Lee Dye. Their switch was just north of the switch that served
          the Burr Hill area industries and they were only about 30 feet from the
          mainline. If you look at the "UnknownIndustry2" shot I posted,
          Independent would have been straddling the creek just about the "H" in
          Hill Street.

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
            My step-father worked at Independent Leather out of high school.  He said he used to fall through the floor about once a week.  It was due to the sweat-shop conditions of the place that sent him to college, then the Air-Force...

            Gino

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
              Dave,  No, Independent Leather was north of Hill Street with a spur which points faced north.  This is the factory on the curve between Hill and Harrison St.

              PKL

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com