RE: [FJGRailroad] Second Attempt

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 15, 2007
      Yes that is the Helburn Thompson and later Lee Dye mill.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: p.charlie@...
      Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:23:53 -0400
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Second Attempt

      Hi All,

      Gino was having trouble figuring out what spur I was asking about
      earlier today so I made another screen shot, drew in the mainline, a
      solid line for the spur I'm asking about, a dashed line for the spur he
      thought I was asking about, plus labeled three roads to give you a
      better idea of where I'm asking about.

      http://xs220. xs.to/xs220/ 07421/UnknownInd ustry2.jpg

      Paul :-)

      Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
        Thanks Paul,

        A lot of work for one car a year!

        Paul :-)

        Paul Larner wrote:
        > Yes that is the Helburn Thompson and later Lee Dye mill.
        >
        > PKL
      • Dave Brennan
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
                   Paul
            Is this not where Independant Leather was?   Now all gone and EPA  safe.
           Maybe it was Lee Dye earlier ?
                   Dave

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
            Hi Dave,

            Independent Leather was about a mile up the mainline from the switch
            serving Lee Dye. Their switch was just north of the switch that served
            the Burr Hill area industries and they were only about 30 feet from the
            mainline. If you look at the "UnknownIndustry2" shot I posted,
            Independent would have been straddling the creek just about the "H" in
            Hill Street.

            Paul :-)

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
              My step-father worked at Independent Leather out of high school.  He said he used to fall through the floor about once a week.  It was due to the sweat-shop conditions of the place that sent him to college, then the Air-Force...

              Gino

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
                Dave,  No, Independent Leather was north of Hill Street with a spur which points faced north.  This is the factory on the curve between Hill and Harrison St.

                PKL

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com