Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G MSTS Shots

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
      Hi Gino,

      You supplied the time machine a few years ago, I'm just hoping I'm
      reading the information right!

      I do have a couple of questions I need help with before starting the
      next phase which will be between Townsend Rd in Johnstown and bridge
      just south of Gloversville, the double track bridge with the single track.

      This morning I discovered I missed a spur that runs west off the
      mainline north of Johnstown. Accessed from the south, takes a hard
      curve west through the bushes, then goes where? I can see the spur on
      Google Earth, it appears to end at an industry on Industrial Parkway
      that has green gable roof and a tall silo at the back.

      Another question I have is about the track that paralleled the east side
      of the main across from the switch that served Independent Leather...
      where did it end in 1959? It appears to end before the double track
      bridge but after looking at Google Earth it doesn't take too much
      imagination to make you think it might have taken a right along the
      creek and served an industry a few blocks east of the mainline.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Paul :-)