Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G MSTS Shots

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
      Hi Paul,

      I'm shooting for 1958 or 1959, I'm working from the photos Gino supplied
      years ago when I was drawing the FJ&G in 3PI. There are other things
      that make it hard to be 100% accurate, MSTS does not allow you to "hand
      lay" switches so you are stuck with the ones that come in the library
      they supply. Back in February when I started this I did try to get the
      crossover in at West Main St but couldn't get it to work as the
      selection of switches available made the crossover way too long by the
      time I got it to fit. Later I noticed that the crossover was removed so
      I guess I can live with that.

      I've only got 30 to use as motive power at this time. There's an S-1
      available in the MSTS library but the only S-2 at this time is payware.
      I'm staying away from any payware as I'll be making my route free to
      all and don't feel it's a good idea to have a free route but force
      people to pay for someone else's S-2 to operate on it. When I get
      further along, like to the station in Gloversville, maybe I'll stop long
      enough to draw my own S-2 and that will become freeware as well.

      I have about 1000 hour sunk into this project, easily nine more months
      of work to do. There's still lots to do to complete the route, may even
      have to stop and draw a big batch of cars that would have been around in
      the late fifties to populate my streets, wouldn't mind doing an FJ&G
      delivery truck to meet 340 at the Gloversville station with the express
      freight from Northville... just need time and a photo or two!

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
        Holy crap Paul!  You're holding out on us!!!  Where do you you keep the time machine!!!!!

        Gino

        On 10/12/07, Paul Charland < p.charlie@...> wrote:

        Hi All,

        Thought I'd post a link to ten screen shots I've posted to the Microsoft
        Train-sim forum of what I've completed so far, which is Fonda to
        Johnstown. No need to register, just use the link below to get to the
        shots:

        http://forums.flightsim.com/ts/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=13&topic_id=88827&mesg_id=88827&page=

        Paul

        --
        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
          Hi Gino,

          You supplied the time machine a few years ago, I'm just hoping I'm
          reading the information right!

          I do have a couple of questions I need help with before starting the
          next phase which will be between Townsend Rd in Johnstown and bridge
          just south of Gloversville, the double track bridge with the single track.

          This morning I discovered I missed a spur that runs west off the
          mainline north of Johnstown. Accessed from the south, takes a hard
          curve west through the bushes, then goes where? I can see the spur on
          Google Earth, it appears to end at an industry on Industrial Parkway
          that has green gable roof and a tall silo at the back.

          Another question I have is about the track that paralleled the east side
          of the main across from the switch that served Independent Leather...
          where did it end in 1959? It appears to end before the double track
          bridge but after looking at Google Earth it doesn't take too much
          imagination to make you think it might have taken a right along the
          creek and served an industry a few blocks east of the mainline.

          Any help would be greatly appreciated.

          Paul :-)