Re: [FJGRailroad] High Bridge

  • Skip Barber
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 4 4:14 AM
      Aaron,

      Paul says it is 104 feet.  That should be close enough for me. That makes it about 8 inches in N scale.

      Paul,

      As usual, I didn't get your reply.  I'm going to try to find out why.

      Skip

      Aaron Keller <akeller1979@...> wrote:
      I'd say that bridge is closer to 90 or maybe 100 feet long.  An RS-3 is only 56 feet long and I don't think you could fit four of them on High Bridge.

      -Aaron

      Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:
      Hi Skip... if you get this,

      High Bridge still stands and if I'm not mistaken is 200 feet long.

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 4 4:35 AM
        Hi Skip and All,

        I've always gone by the photo in MR showing 21 hauling a Ma & Pa 40
        boxcar over the bridge, the front of the unit is still over the creek,
        not quite to the road and the boxcar appears to be just clear of the
        abutment on the south end. The bridge itself appears to be a little
        higher then the S-2, maybe 16 feet. The bridge can be divided into 8
        equal segments (the "M" shapes being two segments). This would work out
        to a spacing of 13 feet per segment, plus an extra foot to finish the
        two ends. Thirteen feet is a little puzzling as engineers in those days
        would commonly space things 8, 10, 12, or 16 feet apart.

        When you are drawing a route for MSTS you have to download a program
        that take US Geological Survey maps and satellite shots of the area
        you're interested in and allows you to place markers on the map that you
        later bring into MSTS to show you where your rail line goes, or rivers,
        roads, tree lines, whatever you need to work on at the time. I placed a
        marker at each end of High Bridge and when was placing track, the two
        markers were 200 feet apart... seamed reasonable at the time.

        If Steve Lamora's out there could you shed some light on this as I
        obviously will need to draw High Bridge again and would like to get it
        right this time!

        Paul :-)