Re: [FJGRailroad] S2 Letters and numbers

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
      Hi Skip,

      If you can see this....

      I hope someone has a bit more accurate measurements but here's how they
      look to me...

      Font is "Arial Black", it's a common font on just about every computer.
      It's a bold version of Arial and have the oval "O's" the FJ&G used as
      opposed to round O's.

      Cab side numbers 12" high.

      All other lettering 6" high. Six inches doesn't sound like much but
      think of all the lettering stretched out across the length of the hood
      doors, and then a letter or two beyond.

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
        Hello Skip,

        Attached are the measurements and specs for the numbering of the FJ&G diesels nos. 20 and 21.  Walt Danylak had the wisdom and foresight (he was a modeler) to document this before they were gone for good.

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: skip_8933@...
        Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:55:53 +0000
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] S2 Letters and numbers

        Hi All,

        Does anyone know the size and font for the letters and numbers on the
        S2s #20 and 21? It almost looks like block lettering, and I can get
        decals if I know what size (height) they were. I'm getting ready to
        paint and decal my S2 fleet.

        Skip

        Gear up for Halo® 3 and get a $25 Best Buy gift card. It’s our way of saying thanks for using Windows Live™. Get it now!
      • Skip
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
          Paul,

          Thanks. That fills in the rest of the information thay Paul L. sent
          me.

          No I didn't get your email, saw this at yahoogroups.

          Skip

          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
            I have some home madee paint diagrams. i stood on the side walkway of #20
            and measyred each feather etc....

            >From: Paul Larner <pklarner@...>
            >To: <fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] S2 Letters and numbers
            >Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:44:19 -0400
            >
            >Hello Skip,
            >
            >Attached are the measurements and specs for the numbering of the FJ&G
            >diesels nos. 20 and 21. Walt Danylak had the wisdom and foresight (he was
            >a modeler) to document this before they were gone for good.
            >
            >PKL
            >

            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.comFrom: skip_8933@...: Mon, 10 Sep
            >2007 14:55:53 +0000Subject: [FJGRailroad] S2 Letters and numbers
            >

            >Hi All,Does anyone know the size and font for the letters and numbers on
            >the S2s #20 and 21? It almost looks like block lettering, and I can get
            >decals if I know what size (height) they were. I'm getting ready to paint
            >and decal my S2 fleet.Skip

            >Gear up for Halo� 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer. It�s our
            >way of saying thanks for using Windows Live�.
            >http://gethalo3gear.com?ocid=SeptemberWLHalo3_WLHMTxt_2

            ><< LetteringSpecificationsforNos.20and21.txt >>

            Get the device you want, with the Hotmail� you love.
            http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mobilehotmail/default.mspx?WT.mc_ID=MobileHMTagline