S2 Letters and numbers

  • Skip
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
      Hi All,

      Does anyone know the size and font for the letters and numbers on the
      S2s #20 and 21? It almost looks like block lettering, and I can get
      decals if I know what size (height) they were. I'm getting ready to
      paint and decal my S2 fleet.

      Skip
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
        Hi Skip,

        If you can see this....

        I hope someone has a bit more accurate measurements but here's how they
        look to me...

        Font is "Arial Black", it's a common font on just about every computer.
        It's a bold version of Arial and have the oval "O's" the FJ&G used as
        opposed to round O's.

        Cab side numbers 12" high.

        All other lettering 6" high. Six inches doesn't sound like much but
        think of all the lettering stretched out across the length of the hood
        doors, and then a letter or two beyond.

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
          Hello Skip,

          Attached are the measurements and specs for the numbering of the FJ&G diesels nos. 20 and 21.  Walt Danylak had the wisdom and foresight (he was a modeler) to document this before they were gone for good.

          PKL

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: skip_8933@...
          Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:55:53 +0000
          Subject: [FJGRailroad] S2 Letters and numbers

          Hi All,

          Does anyone know the size and font for the letters and numbers on the
          S2s #20 and 21? It almost looks like block lettering, and I can get
          decals if I know what size (height) they were. I'm getting ready to
          paint and decal my S2 fleet.

          Skip

          Gear up for Halo® 3 and get a $25 Best Buy gift card. It’s our way of saying thanks for using Windows Live™. Get it now!
        • Skip
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
            Paul,

            Thanks. That fills in the rest of the information thay Paul L. sent
            me.

            No I didn't get your email, saw this at yahoogroups.

            Skip

            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
              I have some home madee paint diagrams. i stood on the side walkway of #20
              and measyred each feather etc....

              >From: Paul Larner <pklarner@...>
              >To: <fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] S2 Letters and numbers
              >Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:44:19 -0400
              >
              >Hello Skip,
              >
              >Attached are the measurements and specs for the numbering of the FJ&G
              >diesels nos. 20 and 21. Walt Danylak had the wisdom and foresight (he was
              >a modeler) to document this before they were gone for good.
              >
              >PKL
              >

              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.comFrom: skip_8933@...: Mon, 10 Sep
              >2007 14:55:53 +0000Subject: [FJGRailroad] S2 Letters and numbers
              >

              >Hi All,Does anyone know the size and font for the letters and numbers on
              >the S2s #20 and 21? It almost looks like block lettering, and I can get
              >decals if I know what size (height) they were. I'm getting ready to paint
              >and decal my S2 fleet.Skip

              >Gear up for Halo� 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer. It�s our
              >way of saying thanks for using Windows Live�.
              >http://gethalo3gear.com?ocid=SeptemberWLHalo3_WLHMTxt_2

              ><< LetteringSpecificationsforNos.20and21.txt >>

              Get the device you want, with the Hotmail� you love.
              http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mobilehotmail/default.mspx?WT.mc_ID=MobileHMTagline