Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Mile Posts

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 6, 2007
      Hi Andy,

      Carville Leather, where abouts would that be? I see on Google Earth and
      in the background of one of a shots Gino sent of the West Montgomery
      railroad crossing there is what appears to be a nice brick mill in the
      block just north west of the crossing. Wasn't served by rail but any
      idea what it was? I'm tempted to draw what I can of it as the roof line
      sticks up above the trees.

      Paul :-)

    • SheilaDanylak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 6, 2007
        Andy,
        Carville leather is the old Knox Gelatine Plant off of Chestnut St which runs south/west  to State  Rt 30 A very near to the Industrial Park or if going east  becomes Madison Ave  .
        There is a large brick building to the northwest of that on W. Montgomery St that used to be the Johnstown Knitting Mill . I believe that closed in the early to mid 1990's .I have not gone by there recently to know if something else has gone in there it was for sale .
                                                                                  Phil Danylak