No Trespassing Signs

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 5, 2007
      Andy,

      I'm pretty sure the "No Tresspass" signs you refer to are gone.

      The only one left that I am aware of is hidden in the woods in Johnstown, far from any current road.  I don't believe it's readable anymore.

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 6, 2007
        Hi Aaron,

        I'm shooting for 1958 or '59 so these signs would still be all over the
        place.

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 6, 2007
          Hi Andy,

          Carville Leather, where abouts would that be? I see on Google Earth and
          in the background of one of a shots Gino sent of the West Montgomery
          railroad crossing there is what appears to be a nice brick mill in the
          block just north west of the crossing. Wasn't served by rail but any
          idea what it was? I'm tempted to draw what I can of it as the roof line
          sticks up above the trees.

          Paul :-)

        • SheilaDanylak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 6, 2007
            Andy,
            Carville leather is the old Knox Gelatine Plant off of Chestnut St which runs south/west  to State  Rt 30 A very near to the Industrial Park or if going east  becomes Madison Ave  .
            There is a large brick building to the northwest of that on W. Montgomery St that used to be the Johnstown Knitting Mill . I believe that closed in the early to mid 1990's .I have not gone by there recently to know if something else has gone in there it was for sale .
                                                                                      Phil Danylak