Re: [FJGRailroad] RE: [FJGRailroad Get Together]
- There is a motel on route 5 in Palatine that used to be known as The Jack Frost Motel.It is now called"The Palantine motel." The train tracks are behind the motel. would guess 15 miles from Gloversville. Very easy to find .We needed to find inexpensive accommodations in June and with the tax the total cost for 2 people was fifty-five dollars.There is a Rodeway on Route 5 in Palantine also right across from the tracks on the hill but they were looking for over one hundred dollars a night. I did not find there number in the phone book as it is very recent they have bought the place and renovated it. I had stopped in to inquire in June. I will be going that way today and will stop and ask for their card again and forward the number if anyone would like to try them. They are not fancy but they are newly renovated and clean .Sheila Danylak
- The phone number for The Palantine Motel is 518-673-1050 on State Route 5 in Palantine Bridge NYThe owners name is Jerry and I found him to be very nice and accomodating.It also has a picnic area on the premises and walking distance to a shopping plaza with a grocery store, and take out food.There is also a diner across the way that I understand serves a very good breakfastBest of all trainwatching can be done from the backyard .Hope this is helpful for you.Sheila Danylak
- Hello Skip,A couple of weeks ago I was able to get a room at the Super 8 Motel right at the Amsterdam exit of the Thruway, through Travelocity. It isn't the quietest place, but it is a convenient location. There were also a couple of other one half star motels with higher rates in Amsterdam proper.As a last resort, there is the trucker's motel in Fultonville.Dick FinnOn Jul 9, 2007, at 3:55 PM, Skip Barber wrote:
Here's a link that will get you to the listings for
the Super 8 and Best Value motels in Amsterdam. As
noted, the Super 8 is right near the Thruway exit.
The Best Value is located downtown, but it's in a
relatively nice area by itself and seems decent from
what I've seen of it. It just changed from a Best
Western, and was originally a Holiday Inn.
Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
that gives answers, not web links.
- Shiela,Thank You. I have at reservation for Friday and Saturday nights. Can I expect to meet you on Saturday at the gathering?Skip
SheilaDanylak@... wrote:The phone number for The Palantine Motel is 518-673-1050 on State Route 5 in Palantine Bridge NYThe owners name is Jerry and I found him to be very nice and accomodating.It also has a picnic area on the premises and walking distance to a shopping plaza with a grocery store, and take out food.There is also a diner across the way that I understand serves a very good breakfastBest of all trainwatching can be done from the backyard .Hope this is helpful for you.Sheila Danylak
Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
- Skip,You are welcome. I am so glad that worked out for you. I do believe you will be pleased.Philip also reminded me that not only can you watch the trains from the hotel but the drive west on route 5 which runs right along the tracks you are certain to take in some awesome views of the locomotives rounding the bends.We are hopeful to join the group at the museum in the morning but not sure about lunch and definitely not dinner. Phillip is scheduled for hip replacement surgery the first week of September and has to limit time spent on his feet. Mornings are best for him so we do hope to enjoy the early morning presentations.We are not sure we recall who you are so please do come and introduce yourself to us. Did you attend the memorial service for Walt at the family home on State Street in Gloversville? We got out those photos last night to see if we could figure who you are perhaps we will bring that photo album with us.Looking forward to a wonderful time on the 11th and so glad you could get accommodations and come.Where are you traveling from? Sheila Danylak
Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.