Re: [FJGRailroad] Fonda, New York in Postcards

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 14, 2007
      Hi Paul,

      Thanks for the uploads, the two main street views will be a big help.

      I've added three more postcards I've saved while searching for views of
      Fonda and the FJ&G in general. They show the Hotel Roy, the County
      Courthouse, and the FJ&G Electric right-of-way just north of
      Gloversville on the way to Mountain Lake.

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 14, 2007
        Glad you can use them.  I will upload more Fonda cards as time permits.  I have a few more than just the railroad in town.  For some reason Fonda caught my fancy in buying cards.

        Paul

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: p.charlie@...
        Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:16:56 -0400
        Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Fonda, New York in Postcards

        pklarner wrote:
        > Started a new album for Fonda postcard views. Put in only three at
        > this time as they are in response to Paul C's request for views of the
        > north side of E. Main Street.
        >
        > This album may be added to, if I understand the directions correctly,
        > by any of the group members. This is for postcard views only, please.
        > Later we can further sort them by publisher, printer and style. There
        > are a large number of Fonda cards for a small town. This could be an
        > interesting resource. A couple diferent cards actually show FJ&G
        > equipment as part of the view (I'm not refering to the usual diesel
        > cards).
        >
        > PKL

        Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN. Check it out!
      • Gerald Snyder
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 14, 2007
          I currently have 62 postcard views of Fonda and am in
          the process of scanning them and cleaning them up to
          make prints for the town historian. I'll add some to
          the folder as I get them done.
          Jerry

          http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 15, 2007
            Jerry is the postcard king!!!!!  I love the postcard that shows the ROW skirting the creek
            and Cayadutta Street in Fonda.  I'd love to find that card, but don't see it often...

            Gino

            p.s.

            Jerry,

            How's about a nice scan of that card for your old friend?

            Gino

            --
            www.ginosrailpage.com
            www.fjgrr.org
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 15, 2007
              Sorry Gino, but I don't have that one - yet. In the
              meantime I've put up a few card views to the Fonda
              folder - Hotel Roy with and without flames, Fountain
              Square, the freight station, and NYC Tower 16.
              Jerry
              --- Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

              > Jerry is the postcard king!!!!! I love the postcard
              > that shows the ROW
              > skirting the creek
              > and Cayadutta Street in Fonda. I'd love to find
              > that card, but don't see it
              > often...
              >
              > Gino
              >
              > p.s.
              >
              > Jerry,
              >
              > How's about a nice scan of that card for your old
              > friend?
              >
              > Gino
              >
              > On 6/14/07, Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I currently have 62 postcard views of Fonda and
              > am in
              > > the process of scanning them and cleaning them up
              > > make prints for the town historian. I'll add some
              > > the folder as I get them done.
              > > Jerry
              > > --- pklarner <pklarner@...
              > <pklarner%40hotmail.com>> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Started a new album for Fonda postcard views.
              > Put
              > > > in only three at
              > > > this time as they are in response to Paul C's
              > > > request for views of the
              > > > north side of E. Main Street.
              > > >
              > > > This album may be added to, if I understand the
              > > > directions correctly,
              > > > by any of the group members. This is for
              > postcard
              > > > views only, please.
              > > > Later we can further sort them by publisher,
              > printer
              > > > and style. There
              > > > are a large number of Fonda cards for a small
              > town.
              > > > This could be an
              > > > interesting resource. A couple diferent cards
              > > > actually show FJ&G
              > > > equipment as part of the view (I'm not refering
              > > > the usual diesel
              > > > cards).
              > > >
              > > > PKL

              > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check
              > out Yahoo! Autos new Car
              > > Finder tool.
              > > http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
              > >

              > --
              > www.ginosrailpage.com
              > www.fjgrr.org

              8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 15, 2007
                I have a few more to put up tonight.  Gino, is the Cayadutta Street card the one you're looking for?  Gerry probably I should wait until you get your 62 in then I will add any not seen??

                It's a shame some of the rppcs were cut down to fit an album.

                PKL

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                From: handyman756@...
                Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:14:14 -0700

                --- Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@ gmail.com> wrote:

                > Jerry is the postcard king!!!!! I love the postcard
                > that shows the ROW
                > skirting the creek
                > and Cayadutta Street in Fonda. I'd love to find
                > that card, but don't see it
                > often...
                >
                > Gino
                >
                > p.s.
                >
                > Jerry,
                >
                > How's about a nice scan of that card for your old
                > friend?
                >
                > Gino
                >
                > On 6/14/07, Gerald Snyder <handyman756@ yahoo.com>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I currently have 62 postcard views of Fonda and
                > am in
                > > the process of scanning them and cleaning them up
                > > make prints for the town historian. I'll add some
                > > the folder as I get them done.
                > > Jerry
                > > --- pklarner <pklarner@hotmail. com
                > <pklarner%40hotmail .com>> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Started a new album for Fonda postcard views.
                > Put
                > > > in only three at
                > > > this time as they are in response to Paul C's
                > > > request for views of the
                > > > north side of E. Main Street.
                > > >
                > > > This album may be added to, if I understand the
                > > > directions correctly,
                > > > by any of the group members. This is for
                > postcard
                > > > views only, please.
                > > > Later we can further sort them by publisher,
                > printer
                > > > and style. There
                > > > are a large number of Fonda cards for a small
                > town.
                > > > This could be an
                > > > interesting resource. A couple diferent cards
                > > > actually show FJ&G
                > > > equipment as part of the view (I'm not refering
                > > > the usual diesel
                > > > cards).
                > > >
                > > > PKL

                > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check
                > out Yahoo! Autos new Car
                > > Finder tool.
                > > http://autos. yahoo.com/ carfinder/
                > >

                > --
                > www.ginosrailpage. com
                > www.fjgrr.org

                8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
                http://tools. search.yahoo. com/shortcuts/ #news

                Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 16, 2007
                  That's the one I like Paul!  Great card...

                  Gino

                  To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                  From: handyman756@yahoo.com
                  Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:14:14 -0700

                    From: handyman756@yahoo.com
                    Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:14:14 -0700

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 17, 2007
                      Gino, really going to miss you at the gathering. You
                      can't go 36 hours without sleep? Arn't you the one
                      with three kids that were all babies once? Must be
                      geting old Gino. Like me.

                      I'll put up a couple of cards of the creek, but don't
                      have any of the Cayaduta Street itself. The card of
                      the tower is apparently rather rare as I've only seen
                      it that one time and was lucky enough to get it.

                      Paul, go ahead and put up your cards - no reason to
                      wait for me. I'll just check to see that I don't post
                      any duplicates of yours. Are my High Bridge shot you
                      identified and the Cayadutta Park construction close
                      enough to Fonda to count?
                      Jerry

                      http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 17, 2007
                        Will do Jerry.  Any cards between Fonda and mp.4 (about the county line) sounds like a fair area.  We can do each of the towns on the line.  What a good way to share our collections.

                        PKL

                        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 17, 2007
                          Jerry,

                          It's been bothering me that I can't make this event.  I'm gonna try real hard to
                          at least take off Saturday night and join everyone for Dinner and some of the
                          late day activities.  I can't give up my chance to see people like Glenn, Paul,
                          Dave Refue, Mal and Dick Finn.  You too Jerry.  I only see you guys once a year now!

                          Hoping to see everyone!

                          Gino

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 17, 2007
                            Gee Gino........I feel neglected...........

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 17, 2007
                              Joe,

                              Are you coming?  Oh man, I will have to quit work just to come and meet you!
                              It truely will be a special get together!!!!!  I'd love to see who else is coming.  I
                              was just guessing in my last post!

                              Gino

                              www.ginosrailpage.com
                              www.fjgrr.org
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 17, 2007
                                Actually I was right by Quad a few weeks ago....

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 17, 2007
                                  And you didn't stop in?

                                  Gino

                                  Actually I was right by Quad a few weeks ago....

                                  >From: "Gino's
                                  Railpage" <fjgrailroad@ gmail.com>
                                  >To:
                                  FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                                  Re: [FJGRailroad] Fonda, New York in Postcards
                                  >Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007
                                  21:37:35 -0400

                                  href="mailto:FJGRailroad%40yahoogroups.com">FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com <FJGRailroad% 40yahoogroups. com>
                                  >> >Subject: Re:
                                  [FJGRailroad] Fonda, New York in Postcards
                                  >> >Date: Sun, 17 Jun
                                  2007 21:12:24 -0400

                                  >> >Jerry,
                                  >> >
                                  >> >It's been bothering me that I can't make this event. I'm
                                  gonna try real
                                  >> >hard to
                                  >> >at least take off
                                  Saturday night and join everyone for Dinner and some
                                  >>of
                                  >> >the
                                  >> >late day activities. I can't give up my chance to see
                                  people like Glenn,
                                  >> >Paul,
                                  >> >Dave Refue, Mal and
                                  Dick Finn. You too Jerry. I only see you guys once a
                                  >> >year
                                  now!

                                  >> >Hoping to see everyone!
                                  >> >
                                  >> >Gino
                                  >> >

                                  >> >On
                                  6/17/07, Gerald Snyder
                                  href="mailto:handyman756%40yahoo.com">handyman756@ yahoo.com<handyman756% 40yahoo.com> >

                                  href="http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail">http://mobile. yahoo.com/ mail

                                  href="http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm">http://liveearth. msn.com?source= msntaglineliveea rthhm<http://liveearth. msn.com/? source=msntaglin eliveearthhm>

                                  http://club. live.com/ clink.aspx? icid=clink_ hotmailtextlink2

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jun 18, 2007
                                    Gino,

                                    Will you be ina position to make up the name cards as in the past?  The folks who have attended in past years all indicate they are coming, with a couple rearrangements pending.  Please put out the notice on your Railpage, where the Schenectady fellows indicated they would be observing.  If they send me their names and  plans for dinner I will forward them all to you.  Will talk to the Museum today.

                                    Paul

                                    To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: fjgrailroad@...
                                    Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:37:35 -0400

                                    Joe,

                                    Are you coming?  Oh man, I will have to quit work just to come and meet you!
                                    It truely will be a special get together!!!! !  I'd love to see who else is coming.  I
                                    was just guessing in my last post!

                                    Gino

                                    On 6/17/07, joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@ hotmail.com> wrote:

                                    Gee Gino........ I feel neglected... ........

                                    >From: "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@ gmail.com >
                                    >To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                                    >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Fonda, New York in Postcards
                                    >Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:12:24 -0400

                                    >Jerry,
                                    >
                                    >It's been bothering me that I can't make this event. I'm gonna try real
                                    >hard to
                                    >at least take off Saturday night and join everyone for Dinner and some of
                                    >the
                                    >late day activities. I can't give up my chance to see people like Glenn,
                                    >Paul,
                                    >Dave Refue, Mal and Dick Finn. You too Jerry. I only see you guys once a
                                    >year now!
                                    >
                                    >Hoping to see everyone!
                                    >
                                    >Gino
                                    >

                                    >On 6/17/07, Gerald Snyder <handyman756@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                                    >>
                                    >> Gino, really going to miss you at the gathering. You
                                    >>can't go 36 hours without sleep? Arn't you the one
                                    >>with three kids that were all babies once? Must be
                                    >>geting old Gino. Like me.
                                    >>
                                    >>I'll put up a couple of cards of the creek, but don't
                                    >>have any of the Cayaduta Street itself. The card of
                                    >>the tower is apparently rather rare as I've only seen
                                    >>it that one time and was lucky enough to get it.
                                    >>
                                    >>Paul, go ahead and put up your cards - no reason to
                                    >>wait for me. I'll just check to see that I don't post
                                    >>any duplicates of yours. Are my High Bridge shot you
                                    >>identified and the Cayadutta Park construction close
                                    >>enough to Fonda to count?
                                    >>Jerry
                                    >>
                                    >>____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
                                    >>No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go
                                    >>with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.
                                    >>http://mobile. yahoo.com/ mail
                                    >>

                                    >--
                                    >www.ginosrailpage. com
                                    > www.fjgrr.org

                                    http://liveearth. msn.com?source= msntaglineliveea rthhm

                                    --
                                    www.ginosrailpage. com
                                    www.fjgrr.org

                                    Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Join Live Search Club!
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jun 18, 2007
                                      Paul,

                                      I will put something up on the webpage.  What are the preliminary details?  Time starting?
                                      Dinner time?  Some details for the Rail Park festivities would be nice also!  I think I could
                                      make up some nametags...

                                      Gino

                                      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: fjgrailroad@gmail.com
                                      Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:37:35 -0400

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jun 18, 2007
                                        Gino, I need to firm up a place to meet at which time I'll give you the whole story.  We should meet at the same time 9:00 to 9:30 with a presentation starting about 10:30.  Theme is FJ&G industries.  Picture show with information from our collective knowledge about them.

                                        Everyone else please let me know if you have something you'd like to present. I think the diner presentation will be interesting, what I need to know is the length of time and what will be necessary for projection devices.  If you have them please bring your own, at least as back up - just in case.  If we run out of material for show and tell we'll hit the road.

                                        Dinner wil be planned for six p.m.

                                        Paul

                                        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                                        From: fjgrailroad@gmail.com