Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 200

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 5, 2007
      Hi Gino,

      Didn't mean to volunteer you and your time, just to let you know that
      the the offer is there even if I can't be.

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 5, 2007
        Wish I could come back to see everyone; not sure where I will be in August.

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 13, 2007
          Wish I could make it, My wifes in Minnesota that weekend.Have to
          watch the kids.

          Steve Lamora

          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

          > Good morning,
          >
          > The date for this year's affair will be Saturday, August 11. The
          date coincides with the City of Gloversville's Railfest celebration.

          > Although there is a short amount of time to prepare a suitable
          display of our railroad's impact on the community, I believe we are
          receiving a chance to share our interest with a broader segment of
          the city. Specifically I see an opportunity to include the general
          public in our discussions and even our road trips, assuming we could
          find a way to use one of the transit system's busses for a trip to
          view the usual sights. I am aware the NYO&W and CNE groups do bus
          tours of their sites of interest. Do you suppose we could find enough
          local folks who would want to tour and learn about the former sites
          of Gloversville's grandeur, railroad and industrial?

          > A cooperative presentation with someone, or more, well versed on
          the cities' industrial history could be a draw for riders on a tour.
          Preparation of a brochure will need to commence very soon. If a bus
          tour is too extravagant, we have never been shy of taking long walks
          at our monthly summer meetings. The rail trail traverse the core of
          Gloversville and Johnstown's heavy industrial heritage. Of course
          this would exclude the former sites of the many shops that existed in
          most every city neighborhood.

          > Now that you've heard my ideas. This isn't something I can do
          alone; I'm reaching out here. What can others of you contribute and
          more importantly what other ideas have you that may prove more
          practical considering we are not a dues organization.

          > Next and equally important, I have received confirmation that
          several of us, the usual group of hard cores, will attend plus the
          assurance that there are a number of FJ&G fans not presently
          associated with this list who "may" attend. To that end I am not
          proposing that we deviate from our usual camaraderie to the point of
          confining ourselves to a static display, only that we have a bit of
          scheduled events and that they be such that the we afford the public
          an ability to participate with their questions sharing in our
          favorite railroad.

          > Now please tell me: Who will be sitting for dinner Saturday
          evening? Do I make reservations at the Railyard as in the past of is
          it time to move say to "Lanzi's on the Lake?" I have always been
          pleased with the reception given us at the Railyard; this is my
          preference. Dinner, the entire day for that matter, is a family
          affair.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 15, 2007
            Hello Everyone,

            Change in plans I will be able to make it. I'm looking forward to
            seeing everyone!!!

            Steve Lamora

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 15, 2007
              I'm glad to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.  I think the
              combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect fit!!!!  What stinks?  I have
              to work that whole weekend.  While you guys are enjoying the history of the FJ&G,
              I'll be sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!

              I don't know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all.  I'll even miss dinner at Paul's
              favorite resturant.

              Gino
              aka Italian #24

              --
              www.ginosrailpage.com
              www.fjgrr.org
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 15, 2007
                Jeeez Gino, your absence will be a big loss for the group; what can the belly shot photo look like without you?  Wish you could find a way to finagle it; looks like we'll enjoy a good size meeting with some new faces and our wives can participate in the city wide garage sale, looking for FJ&G items, while we look at train pictures.

                PKL

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                From: fjgrailroad@...
                Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:06:58 -0400
                Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Get Together for 2007

                On 6/15/07, stevefjg30 <Klcl19@wmconnect. com> wrote:

> [...]

                > proposing that we deviate from our usual camaraderie to the point
                of
                > confining ourselves to a static display, only that we have a bit of
                > scheduled events and that they be such that the we afford the
                public
                > an ability to participate with their questions sharing in our
                > favorite railroad.
                > >
                > > Now please tell me: Who will be sitting for dinner Saturday
                > evening? Do I make reservations at the Railyard as in the past of
                is
                > it time to move say to "Lanzi's on the Lake?" I have always been
                > pleased with the reception given us at the Railyard; this is my
                > preference. Dinner, the entire day for that matter, is a family
                > affair.
                > >
                > > PKL
                > > Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event -

                Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!
              • Glenn J. Williams
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                  --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

                  > I'm glad to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.
                  > I think the
                  > combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect fit!!!! What stinks? I
                  > have
                  > to work that whole weekend. While you guys are enjoying the history of the
                  > FJ&G,
                  > I'll be sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!
                  >
                  > I don't know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all. I'll even miss
                  > dinner at Paul's
                  > favorite resturant.
                  >
                  > Gino
                  > aka Italian #24

                  Gino,

                  Hey, your number is 62. Can't you remember anything from year to year? [wicked grin]

                  And your daughter? Her number is 87, after her birthplace. Is it true her nickname is
                  Trooper, after the female statie who assisted in the delivery? [ducks, runs away]

                  Seriously, we are gonna miss you at this one.

                  Glenn
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                    How could I forget being #62?  It's my mother's house number!

                    Gino

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                      I've been trying to think of everything I can do to get out of work and at least get to
                      Gloversville for half the day plus dinner!  There's always the chance I'll be fired and
                      I'll have the day off!

                      Gino

                      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                      From: fjgrailroad@gmail.com
                      Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:06:58 -0400

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                        I can start sending big unzipped betas to your work address if that
                        would help. I can start now... in coming!

                        Paul :-)

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                          Hey Glenn,

                          Gianna's number is 90.  She was born on I-90 and that's what her birth certificate says.  We call
                          her speedy...

                          Gino

                          to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.
                          think the
                          > combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect
                          fit!!!! What stinks? I
                          > have
                          > to work that whole weekend. While
                          you guys are enjoying the history of the
                          > FJ&G,
                          > I'll be
                          sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!

                          > I don't
                          know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all. I'll even miss
                          > dinner
                          at Paul's