Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 200

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 5 4:49 AM
      I was thinking of bringing my portable layout and running my FJ&G 44-tonner with
      a few cars.  Would we be setting up a booth?  I know we've been asked to participate
      with a booth before.

      I think I'm working that whole weekend, but could figure something out...

      Gino

      On 6/5/07, Paul Larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

      Paul,

      This sounds like a wonderful contribution.  It will be very interesting I am sure.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: p.charlie@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:30:38 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 2007

      Hi Paul and All,

      Not a huge contribution but maybe Gino could bring his laptop and let
      you see the Microsoft Train-Sim I'm working on. Hopefully by that time
      I'll be finished Fonda and Johnstown and at least have Gloversville
      started (all the tracks, roads, and rivers are complete).

      Paul :-)

      Paul Larner wrote:
      > Good morning,

      Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 5 8:36 AM
        The booth is available and I gathered we would be a welcome participant.  The booth restricts some or all of us to the outside forum.  With a small tent we could still do our usual power point presentations but someone would have to stay to man the exhibit.  At the museum we could pack up after our presentations and move on to the "ice cream" shops without concern.  Yes it's a good idea; a booth is $25.00 with tent cover.

        I neglected to ask what the status of the use of the box car would be.  If power is available and AC that would work real well.

        That will come.

        THIS EVENT IS A GO FOR AUG 11.

        I'll make our dinner reservations as soon as I get a number of participants and arrange for a room or booth or combination as needed.

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

        From: p.charlie@sympatico .ca
        Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:30:38 -0400

        Paul Larner wrote:
        > Good morning,

        Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

        --
        www.ginosrailpage. com
        www.fjgrr.org

        Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN. Check it out!
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 5 9:26 AM
          Hi Gino,

          Didn't mean to volunteer you and your time, just to let you know that
          the the offer is there even if I can't be.

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 5 10:31 AM
            Wish I could come back to see everyone; not sure where I will be in August.

            The booth is available and I gathered we would be a welcome participant.
            The booth restricts some or all of us to the outside forum. With a small
            tent we could still do our usual power point presentations but someone
            would have to stay to man the exhibit. At the museum we could pack up
            after our presentations and move on to the "ice cream" shops without
            concern. Yes it's a good idea; a booth is $25.00 with tent cover.

            I neglected to ask what the status of the use of the box car would be. If
            power is available and AC that would work real well.

            That will come.

            THIS EVENT IS A GO FOR AUG 11.

            I'll make our dinner reservations as soon as I get a number of participants
            and arrange for a room or booth or combination as needed.

            PKL

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.comFrom: fjgrailroad@...: Tue, 5 Jun
            2007 07:49:02 -0400Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 200

            I was thinking of bringing my portable layout and running my FJ&G 44-tonner
            with
            a few cars. Would we be setting up a booth? I know we've been asked to
            participate
            with a booth before.

            I think I'm working that whole weekend, but could figure something out...

            Gino
            On 6/5/07, Paul Larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

            Paul, This sounds like a wonderful contribution. It will be very
            interesting I am sure. PKL

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.comFrom: p.charlie@...: Mon, 4 Jun
            2007 12:30:38 -0400Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 2007

            Hi Paul and All,Not a huge contribution but maybe Gino could bring his
            laptop and let you see the Microsoft Train-Sim I'm working on. Hopefully by
            that time I'll be finished Fonda and Johnstown and at least have
            Gloversville started (all the tracks, roads, and rivers are complete).Paul
            :-)Paul Larner wrote:> Good morning,

            Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the
            New MSN Mobile

            -- www.ginosrailpage.comwww.fjgrr.org

            Live Earth is coming. Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on
            MSN.
            http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthwlm
          • stevefjg30
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 13 9:04 AM
              Wish I could make it, My wifes in Minnesota that weekend.Have to
              watch the kids.

              Steve Lamora

              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

              > Good morning,
              >
              > The date for this year's affair will be Saturday, August 11. The
              date coincides with the City of Gloversville's Railfest celebration.

              > Although there is a short amount of time to prepare a suitable
              display of our railroad's impact on the community, I believe we are
              receiving a chance to share our interest with a broader segment of
              the city. Specifically I see an opportunity to include the general
              public in our discussions and even our road trips, assuming we could
              find a way to use one of the transit system's busses for a trip to
              view the usual sights. I am aware the NYO&W and CNE groups do bus
              tours of their sites of interest. Do you suppose we could find enough
              local folks who would want to tour and learn about the former sites
              of Gloversville's grandeur, railroad and industrial?

              > A cooperative presentation with someone, or more, well versed on
              the cities' industrial history could be a draw for riders on a tour.
              Preparation of a brochure will need to commence very soon. If a bus
              tour is too extravagant, we have never been shy of taking long walks
              at our monthly summer meetings. The rail trail traverse the core of
              Gloversville and Johnstown's heavy industrial heritage. Of course
              this would exclude the former sites of the many shops that existed in
              most every city neighborhood.

              > Now that you've heard my ideas. This isn't something I can do
              alone; I'm reaching out here. What can others of you contribute and
              more importantly what other ideas have you that may prove more
              practical considering we are not a dues organization.

              > Next and equally important, I have received confirmation that
              several of us, the usual group of hard cores, will attend plus the
              assurance that there are a number of FJ&G fans not presently
              associated with this list who "may" attend. To that end I am not
              proposing that we deviate from our usual camaraderie to the point of
              confining ourselves to a static display, only that we have a bit of
              scheduled events and that they be such that the we afford the public
              an ability to participate with their questions sharing in our
              favorite railroad.

              > Now please tell me: Who will be sitting for dinner Saturday
              evening? Do I make reservations at the Railyard as in the past of is
              it time to move say to "Lanzi's on the Lake?" I have always been
              pleased with the reception given us at the Railyard; this is my
              preference. Dinner, the entire day for that matter, is a family
              affair.

              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 15 5:20 PM
                Hello Everyone,

                Change in plans I will be able to make it. I'm looking forward to
                seeing everyone!!!

                Steve Lamora

                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 15 8:06 PM
                  I'm glad to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.  I think the
                  combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect fit!!!!  What stinks?  I have
                  to work that whole weekend.  While you guys are enjoying the history of the FJ&G,
                  I'll be sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!

                  I don't know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all.  I'll even miss dinner at Paul's
                  favorite resturant.

                  Gino
                  aka Italian #24

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 15 9:58 PM
                    Jeeez Gino, your absence will be a big loss for the group; what can the belly shot photo look like without you?  Wish you could find a way to finagle it; looks like we'll enjoy a good size meeting with some new faces and our wives can participate in the city wide garage sale, looking for FJ&G items, while we look at train pictures.

                    PKL

                    To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                    From: fjgrailroad@...
                    Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:06:58 -0400
                    Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Get Together for 2007

                    On 6/15/07, stevefjg30 <Klcl19@wmconnect. com> wrote:

> [...]

                    > proposing that we deviate from our usual camaraderie to the point
                    of
                    > confining ourselves to a static display, only that we have a bit of
                    > scheduled events and that they be such that the we afford the
                    public
                    > an ability to participate with their questions sharing in our
                    > favorite railroad.
                    > >
                    > > Now please tell me: Who will be sitting for dinner Saturday
                    > evening? Do I make reservations at the Railyard as in the past of
                    is
                    > it time to move say to "Lanzi's on the Lake?" I have always been
                    > pleased with the reception given us at the Railyard; this is my
                    > preference. Dinner, the entire day for that matter, is a family
                    > affair.
                    > >
                    > > PKL
                    > > Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event -

                    Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!
                  • Glenn J. Williams
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 16 5:10 AM
                      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

                      > I'm glad to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.
                      > I think the
                      > combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect fit!!!! What stinks? I
                      > have
                      > to work that whole weekend. While you guys are enjoying the history of the
                      > FJ&G,
                      > I'll be sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!
                      >
                      > I don't know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all. I'll even miss
                      > dinner at Paul's
                      > favorite resturant.
                      >
                      > Gino
                      > aka Italian #24

                      Gino,

                      Hey, your number is 62. Can't you remember anything from year to year? [wicked grin]

                      And your daughter? Her number is 87, after her birthplace. Is it true her nickname is
                      Trooper, after the female statie who assisted in the delivery? [ducks, runs away]

                      Seriously, we are gonna miss you at this one.

                      Glenn
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 16 3:53 PM
                        How could I forget being #62?  It's my mother's house number!

                        Gino

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 16 3:55 PM
                          I've been trying to think of everything I can do to get out of work and at least get to
                          Gloversville for half the day plus dinner!  There's always the chance I'll be fired and
                          I'll have the day off!

                          Gino

                          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                          From: fjgrailroad@gmail.com
                          Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:06:58 -0400

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 16 3:58 PM
                            I can start sending big unzipped betas to your work address if that
                            would help. I can start now... in coming!

                            Paul :-)

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 16 7:09 PM
                              Hey Glenn,

                              Gianna's number is 90.  She was born on I-90 and that's what her birth certificate says.  We call
                              her speedy...

                              Gino

                              to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.
                              think the
                              > combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect
                              fit!!!! What stinks? I
                              > have
                              > to work that whole weekend. While
                              you guys are enjoying the history of the
                              > FJ&G,
                              > I'll be
                              sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!

                              > I don't
                              know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all. I'll even miss
                              > dinner
                              at Paul's