RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 2007

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 4, 2007
      Paul,

      This sounds like a wonderful contribution.  It will be very interesting I am sure.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: p.charlie@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:30:38 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 2007

      Hi Paul and All,

      Not a huge contribution but maybe Gino could bring his laptop and let
      you see the Microsoft Train-Sim I'm working on. Hopefully by that time
      I'll be finished Fonda and Johnstown and at least have Gloversville
      started (all the tracks, roads, and rivers are complete).

      Paul :-)

      Paul Larner wrote:
      > Good morning,

      Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 5, 2007
        I was thinking of bringing my portable layout and running my FJ&G 44-tonner with
        a few cars.  Would we be setting up a booth?  I know we've been asked to participate
        with a booth before.

        I think I'm working that whole weekend, but could figure something out...

        Gino

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: p.charlie@...
        Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:30:38 -0400

        --
        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 5, 2007
          The booth is available and I gathered we would be a welcome participant.  The booth restricts some or all of us to the outside forum.  With a small tent we could still do our usual power point presentations but someone would have to stay to man the exhibit.  At the museum we could pack up after our presentations and move on to the "ice cream" shops without concern.  Yes it's a good idea; a booth is $25.00 with tent cover.

          I neglected to ask what the status of the use of the box car would be.  If power is available and AC that would work real well.

          That will come.

          THIS EVENT IS A GO FOR AUG 11.

          I'll make our dinner reservations as soon as I get a number of participants and arrange for a room or booth or combination as needed.

          PKL

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

          From: p.charlie@sympatico .ca
          Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:30:38 -0400

          Paul Larner wrote:
          > Good morning,

          Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

          --
          www.ginosrailpage. com
          www.fjgrr.org

          Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN. Check it out!
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 5, 2007
            Hi Gino,

            Didn't mean to volunteer you and your time, just to let you know that
            the the offer is there even if I can't be.

            Paul :-)

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 5, 2007
              Wish I could come back to see everyone; not sure where I will be in August.

              The booth is available and I gathered we would be a welcome participant.
              The booth restricts some or all of us to the outside forum. With a small
              tent we could still do our usual power point presentations but someone
              would have to stay to man the exhibit. At the museum we could pack up
              after our presentations and move on to the "ice cream" shops without
              concern. Yes it's a good idea; a booth is $25.00 with tent cover.

              I neglected to ask what the status of the use of the box car would be. If
              power is available and AC that would work real well.

              That will come.

              THIS EVENT IS A GO FOR AUG 11.

              I'll make our dinner reservations as soon as I get a number of participants
              and arrange for a room or booth or combination as needed.

              PKL

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.comFrom: fjgrailroad@...: Tue, 5 Jun
              2007 07:49:02 -0400Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 200

              I was thinking of bringing my portable layout and running my FJ&G 44-tonner
              with
              a few cars. Would we be setting up a booth? I know we've been asked to
              participate
              with a booth before.

              I think I'm working that whole weekend, but could figure something out...

              Gino
              On 6/5/07, Paul Larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

              Paul, This sounds like a wonderful contribution. It will be very
              interesting I am sure. PKL

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.comFrom: p.charlie@...: Mon, 4 Jun
              2007 12:30:38 -0400Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Get Together for 2007

              Hi Paul and All,Not a huge contribution but maybe Gino could bring his
              laptop and let you see the Microsoft Train-Sim I'm working on. Hopefully by
              that time I'll be finished Fonda and Johnstown and at least have
              Gloversville started (all the tracks, roads, and rivers are complete).Paul
              :-)Paul Larner wrote:> Good morning,

              Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the
              New MSN Mobile

              -- www.ginosrailpage.comwww.fjgrr.org

              Live Earth is coming. Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on
              MSN.
              http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthwlm
            • stevefjg30
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 13, 2007
                Wish I could make it, My wifes in Minnesota that weekend.Have to
                watch the kids.

                Steve Lamora

                --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

                > Good morning,
                >
                > The date for this year's affair will be Saturday, August 11. The
                date coincides with the City of Gloversville's Railfest celebration.

                > Although there is a short amount of time to prepare a suitable
                display of our railroad's impact on the community, I believe we are
                receiving a chance to share our interest with a broader segment of
                the city. Specifically I see an opportunity to include the general
                public in our discussions and even our road trips, assuming we could
                find a way to use one of the transit system's busses for a trip to
                view the usual sights. I am aware the NYO&W and CNE groups do bus
                tours of their sites of interest. Do you suppose we could find enough
                local folks who would want to tour and learn about the former sites
                of Gloversville's grandeur, railroad and industrial?

                > A cooperative presentation with someone, or more, well versed on
                the cities' industrial history could be a draw for riders on a tour.
                Preparation of a brochure will need to commence very soon. If a bus
                tour is too extravagant, we have never been shy of taking long walks
                at our monthly summer meetings. The rail trail traverse the core of
                Gloversville and Johnstown's heavy industrial heritage. Of course
                this would exclude the former sites of the many shops that existed in
                most every city neighborhood.

                > Now that you've heard my ideas. This isn't something I can do
                alone; I'm reaching out here. What can others of you contribute and
                more importantly what other ideas have you that may prove more
                practical considering we are not a dues organization.

                > Next and equally important, I have received confirmation that
                several of us, the usual group of hard cores, will attend plus the
                assurance that there are a number of FJ&G fans not presently
                associated with this list who "may" attend. To that end I am not
                proposing that we deviate from our usual camaraderie to the point of
                confining ourselves to a static display, only that we have a bit of
                scheduled events and that they be such that the we afford the public
                an ability to participate with their questions sharing in our
                favorite railroad.

                > Now please tell me: Who will be sitting for dinner Saturday
                evening? Do I make reservations at the Railyard as in the past of is
                it time to move say to "Lanzi's on the Lake?" I have always been
                pleased with the reception given us at the Railyard; this is my
                preference. Dinner, the entire day for that matter, is a family
                affair.

                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 15, 2007
                  Hello Everyone,

                  Change in plans I will be able to make it. I'm looking forward to
                  seeing everyone!!!

                  Steve Lamora

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 15, 2007
                    I'm glad to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.  I think the
                    combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect fit!!!!  What stinks?  I have
                    to work that whole weekend.  While you guys are enjoying the history of the FJ&G,
                    I'll be sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!

                    I don't know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all.  I'll even miss dinner at Paul's
                    favorite resturant.

                    Gino
                    aka Italian #24

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 15, 2007
                      Jeeez Gino, your absence will be a big loss for the group; what can the belly shot photo look like without you?  Wish you could find a way to finagle it; looks like we'll enjoy a good size meeting with some new faces and our wives can participate in the city wide garage sale, looking for FJ&G items, while we look at train pictures.

                      PKL

                      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                      From: fjgrailroad@...
                      Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:06:58 -0400
                      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Get Together for 2007

                      On 6/15/07, stevefjg30 <Klcl19@wmconnect. com> wrote:

> [...]

                      > proposing that we deviate from our usual camaraderie to the point
                      of
                      > confining ourselves to a static display, only that we have a bit of
                      > scheduled events and that they be such that the we afford the
                      public
                      > an ability to participate with their questions sharing in our
                      > favorite railroad.
                      > >
                      > > Now please tell me: Who will be sitting for dinner Saturday
                      > evening? Do I make reservations at the Railyard as in the past of
                      is
                      > it time to move say to "Lanzi's on the Lake?" I have always been
                      > pleased with the reception given us at the Railyard; this is my
                      > preference. Dinner, the entire day for that matter, is a family
                      > affair.
                      > >
                      > > PKL
                      > > Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event -

                      Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!
                    • Glenn J. Williams
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

                        > I'm glad to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.
                        > I think the
                        > combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect fit!!!! What stinks? I
                        > have
                        > to work that whole weekend. While you guys are enjoying the history of the
                        > FJ&G,
                        > I'll be sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!
                        >
                        > I don't know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all. I'll even miss
                        > dinner at Paul's
                        > favorite resturant.
                        >
                        > Gino
                        > aka Italian #24

                        Gino,

                        Hey, your number is 62. Can't you remember anything from year to year? [wicked grin]

                        And your daughter? Her number is 87, after her birthplace. Is it true her nickname is
                        Trooper, after the female statie who assisted in the delivery? [ducks, runs away]

                        Seriously, we are gonna miss you at this one.

                        Glenn
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                          How could I forget being #62?  It's my mother's house number!

                          Gino

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                            I've been trying to think of everything I can do to get out of work and at least get to
                            Gloversville for half the day plus dinner!  There's always the chance I'll be fired and
                            I'll have the day off!

                            Gino

                            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                            From: fjgrailroad@gmail.com
                            Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:06:58 -0400

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                              I can start sending big unzipped betas to your work address if that
                              would help. I can start now... in coming!

                              Paul :-)

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jun 16, 2007
                                Hey Glenn,

                                Gianna's number is 90.  She was born on I-90 and that's what her birth certificate says.  We call
                                her speedy...

                                Gino

                                to see that there is going to be a Get-Together after a year off.
                                think the
                                > combo Rail-Day and FJ&G Get Together is the perfect
                                fit!!!! What stinks? I
                                > have
                                > to work that whole weekend. While
                                you guys are enjoying the history of the
                                > FJ&G,
                                > I'll be
                                sleeping and preparing for my night at Quad Graphics!!!

                                > I don't
                                know who's coming, but I know I'll miss you all. I'll even miss
                                > dinner
                                at Paul's