Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Diner

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4 10:31 AM
      Hi Glenn,

      Hands' Lunch was in the archives from you from back a few years when I
      was drawing the diner in 3rd PlanIt. Believe it was Gino who told me it
      was one of the classic diners with red trim. There were many forms of
      this diner over the 40s and 50s, perhaps it had more paint then exposed
      stainless steel.

      Paul :-)

      Glenn J. Williams wrote:

      > Paul,
      >
      > It was the Hands Diner. As in "railroad hired hands".
      >
      > Don't remember its being stainless steel, though, but that could be my memory. . .
      >
      > Glenn
      > Penacook, NH
    • Glenn J. Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5 7:54 AM
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:

        > Hi Glenn,
        >
        > Hands' Lunch was in the archives from you from back a few years when I
        > was drawing the diner in 3rd PlanIt. Believe it was Gino who told me it
        > was one of the classic diners with red trim. There were many forms of
        > this diner over the 40s and 50s, perhaps it had more paint then exposed
        > stainless steel.
        >
        > Paul :-)

        Paul,

        Your memory of my memory is better than my memory. . . [wicked grin]

        You are right - it was painted red and, I believe, also black. It was a shortie, too.

        Glenn
        Penacook, NH
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5 9:23 AM
          Hi Glenn,

          I had to look it up in the group archives, I knew about the red trim
          just because I looked in the 3PI layout I drew at the time!

          Paul :-)