Re: Fonda Diner

  • Glenn J. Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Can't remember the name of the diner across the road from the GLF in
      > Fonda, this is the classic '50s stainless steel railroad car inspired
      > diner that was made by a Connecticut streetcar manufacturer. Anyone
      > have a photo, can't find any reference of it on the web.
      >
      > Paul :-)

      Paul,

      It was the Hands Diner. As in "railroad hired hands".

      Don't remember its being stainless steel, though, but that could be my memory. . .

      Glenn
      Penacook, NH
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
        Hi Glenn,

        Hands' Lunch was in the archives from you from back a few years when I
        was drawing the diner in 3rd PlanIt. Believe it was Gino who told me it
        was one of the classic diners with red trim. There were many forms of
        this diner over the 40s and 50s, perhaps it had more paint then exposed
        stainless steel.

        Paul :-)

        Glenn J. Williams wrote:

        > Paul,
        >
        > It was the Hands Diner. As in "railroad hired hands".
        >
        > Don't remember its being stainless steel, though, but that could be my memory. . .
        >
        > Glenn
        > Penacook, NH
      • Glenn J. Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2007
          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:

          > Hi Glenn,
          >
          > Hands' Lunch was in the archives from you from back a few years when I
          > was drawing the diner in 3rd PlanIt. Believe it was Gino who told me it
          > was one of the classic diners with red trim. There were many forms of
          > this diner over the 40s and 50s, perhaps it had more paint then exposed
          > stainless steel.
          >
          > Paul :-)

          Paul,

          Your memory of my memory is better than my memory. . . [wicked grin]

          You are right - it was painted red and, I believe, also black. It was a shortie, too.

          Glenn
          Penacook, NH
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2007
            Hi Glenn,

            I had to look it up in the group archives, I knew about the red trim
            just because I looked in the 3PI layout I drew at the time!

            Paul :-)