RE: [FJGRailroad]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      Whoa that's a bit of shocking news.  I'll see what I can ascertain in the next couple days.  The building was privately owned however, not city owned.  There are a few things in there that should not be scrapped even if it becomes necessary to take the building down.  It was not busy there Friday; did notice the roof is in need of repair as some of the tin has peeled off on the street side.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: oldcrab62@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 06:00:21 -0700
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad]

      It appears that the truck guy is out of the old
      railroad building and the newspaper had a somthing
      about G'ville wanting to tear the building down.
      Does anyone have any more news about this?
      --- Paul Larner <pklarner@hotmail. com> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      >
      > Any interest in an FJ&G affair as we've had over the
      > past several years (excluding last
      > year,unfortunately (show and tell, walking tours,
      > dinner and the usual camaraderie) at Gloversville.
      > I'd like to coordinate with the city if they are
      > sponsoring their railroad days celebration this
      > year; if not the second Saturday in August what ever
      > date that is.
      >
      > As a theme I propose we consider the railroad and
      > the industries it served.
      >
      > Your thoughts please.
      >
      > Paul

      > Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest
      > summer event - only on MSN.

      http://liveearth. msn.com?source= msntaglineliveea rthwlm

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

      Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN. Check it out!