RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2007
      My photo is from the early fifties and the paint looks new.  The trim color will match better if there is an N on the end.  On the other hand - maybe that's what Wagner brown actually looks like.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: p.charlie@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 06:31:39 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station

      Hi Paul and Glenn,

      That would make it pretty much the same colors as NYC's freight office
      was into the seventies.

      Thanks for the help,

      Paul :-)

      Paul Larner wrote:
      > Yes Glenn, that's my recollection too. Color photo confirms a light
      > yellow with what appears to be brown trim. My thinking is the trim
      > is actually maroo.
      >
      > PKL
      >

      > To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. comFrom: gjwilliams@mac. comDate: Sat, 2
      > Jun 2007 22:24:15 +0000Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station
      >

      > --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@. ..>
      > wrote:>> Hi All,> > Can someone tell me what material was used on the
      > main part of the Fonda > station? It looks to me that it was smooth
      > cut stone blocks, maybe some > local marble or limestone, hard to
      > tell from the few photos I have here.> > Colors appear to be light
      > grey with dark grey trim?> > Any help would be appreciated. > > Paul
      > :-)>Paul,Common brick. Main body colour was more toward a cream than
      > grey. I would have to dig into my slides to verify it.Glenn

      > With Windows Live Hotmail, you can personalize your inbox with your
      > favorite color.
      > www.windowslive- hotmail.com/ learnmore/ personalize. html?locale= en-us&ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ HMWL_reten_ addcolor_ 0607

      Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!