Re: [FJGRailroad] From The Archives

    Message 1 of 87 , Jun 2, 2007
      Walter Rich, President of the NYSW and former owner of the FJ&G has some
      very serious cancer.  I haven't heard anything about his health lately...

      Gino

      On 6/3/07, Paul Larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

      THe rumor does persist; heard it again Friday in Schenectady.  My source initially was almost as good as the horses mouth yet things do change. I heard also that one of the principals is seriously ill.

      PKL

      > To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      > From: riverlinejoe@hotmail.com
      > Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 02:12:21 +0000
      > Subject: [FJGRailroad] From The Archives
      >
      > Well its hot, and humid. I was in Johnstown, N.Y. last weekend and there is
      > no sign that they are rebuilding the FJ&G right of way.
      >
      > And now its time for another edition of From The Archives.......PC
      > Railroader magazine, July August 1975. On page 4 at the top of the page is a
      > picture of FJG 153998 taken by Bob Reid, Editor of the magazine. The caption
      > reads,"The Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville located off the Mohawk Division
      > in Amerstdam New York in Amsterdam New York acquired 100 40' and 138 50' box
      > cars from the Penn Central. Photo by editor - Joe Klapkowski
      >

      > I understand that if you use all caps in an email it is meant to either
      > insult or MOTIVATE THE READER. So let me ask, "WHAT'S IN YOUR ARCHIVES?"

      > PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows
      > Live Hotmail.
      > http://imagine- windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507
      >

      > Visit The FJ&G Store At http://www.cafepres s.com/fjgrr
      > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      > http://www.lostland marks.org
      > http://ny.existings tations.com/
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > mailto:FJGRailroad-digest@yahoogrou ps.com
      > mailto:FJGRailroad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN. Check it out!

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org
      Message 87 of 87 , Mar 24, 2009
        My kids said, "Dad are you going to have a fire tonight? It is spring! Yes but it will be cold tonight" I replied.

        And with that, while rummaging around the archives, I found a copy of PC RAILROADER July-August 1975. On page 4 there is a photo of FJG 153998 with the following caption, "The Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville located off the Mohawk Division in Amsterdam, New York acquired 100 40' and 138 50' box cars from Penn Central. photo by the editor - Joe Klapkowski

        I know the caption is inaccurate. I did not write it.  This was way before the days of the internet and common information. To have a by- line back then at the ripe old age of 15 was, well, pretty cool.

        Internet Explorer 8 – Now Available. Faster, safer, easier. Download FREE now!